• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gator Bites Frisbee Golfer In Orlando

I'm surprising something like this hasn't happened at Taylor Park in Largo Florida.

I was playing their Sunday handi last year and a guy was wadding in the water trying to retrieve a disc and an 8 foot gator was 40 feet away.

his response to us yelling at him about the gator was "i see it"
he continued to fish for his disc.

How soon we forget the tragic story of Chubbs Peterson.

Chubbs-Peterson-photo-Happy-Gilmore.jpg

"Mom wouldn't let me play football, said it was too dangerous,(Adam Sandler) Good call!"

lol

My job can allow me to work from home which I did for 4-5 years so one of my hobbies since childhood has been fishing so I decided I would move to FL because I can work from home and love to fish. I moved to Pine Island which is literally a small fishing village. The fishing was off the hook but other than that I'm not fan of FL. I have nothing against the state but it just doesn't do it for me.I from out west originally, born in Phoenix, lived in CA and HI(My moms side of the family is half Hawaiian so that where shes from and where a lot of my family still lives) but ANYWAYS, got a little side tracked there.....I was trying to say when I lived in FL one of my neighbors is one of the rare few who are actually born and raised in FL. He was telling me about how when he was younger you could pretty much swim in any lake you wanted, alligators were almost hunted to extinction in FL or at least got to the point where they needed to be protected but now they're over populated and you better believe if there is a body of water anywhere in FL a gator could be in it. My yellow lab would jump into any body of water she saw. She was already getting old so she wouldn't go out far but if she was in the water I did my best to make sure no gators were around and ALWAYS had my K-Bar on me, ready to pull some Happy Gilmore sh!! if one tried to attack her but luckily that never happened. I fished from a Kayak a lot and when your trying to pull an 8lb large mouth out of the Hydrilla and a ten foot male lets you know you're a little too close you'll quickly forget about the fish and get the hell out of dodge!

I'm surprising something like this hasn't happened at Taylor Park in Largo Florida.

I was playing their Sunday handi last year and a guy was wadding in the water trying to retrieve a disc and an 8 foot gator was 40 feet away.

his response to us yelling at him about the gator was "i see it"
he continued to fish for his disc.

That sounds like it was probably one of the disc divers over there. A couple of years ago I was at Taylor Park on hole #1 and heard someone scream. I looked to a guy sitting at the pavilion and he just smiled and said "Gator".

Google "F*** that gator" without the asterisks to if you want to read what that reminded me of. I would put the link in but it has it spelled out and I think that's against DGCR rules/etiquette.

Tommie Woodward yelled, "F*** that gator!" just before he was killed by one in Texas, and his death instantly became a national joke​

I hear in Louisiana they use a baby Amos Moses for disc retrieval.

Forgotten how catchy that tune is. :thmbup:
Thanks for reminding me of that earworm...haven't heard it maybe 2 decades or so!