• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

God I love disc golf

hawgdriver

Eagle Member
Earlier today I caught the Jomez coverage of the first round of TX states.

Later I brought my practice basket to the greenbelt in the neighborhood, the area behind this pool here.

pool-2880w.jpg

I threw my bag along with 10 envys on all kinds of weird lines, BH, FH, etc., many times over. For about 3 hours.

Love watching the nuance of flight of each disc.

Something about this activity is profoundly satisfying in and of itself.

One thing I learned from the 'fieldwork' was that the dramatically OS discs offer the most satisfaction in terms of watching their line. Right after that, I got so much enjoyment out of watching the Tursas (imagine whatever flippy mid you like) on a BH hyzer fly a unique line. I gave myself impossible gaps, weird lines. I threw all the discs, and I threw them in the weirdest way possible.

This is just so cool.

I'm in the same boat. I buy stupid discs I shouldn't, just to try them out. Hell, I got a box in from Infinite today with my first Lone Star Discs disc in it. I could not for the life of me remember what it was at first or why I even ordered it. Either way I can't wait to toss it around. :thmbup:

(It was an Armadillo, Looks Rhynoish, we shall see)

I kind of scoffed at your thread, at first, hawg. But, you know....I got out for the first time in a few weeks. Life sometimes gets in the way of entertainment. Cold morning, 'bout 25 degrees with winds up to 30mph. About the fourth hole, I felt great. You know, this game is sometimes more than just my passion, it is vital to life balance. It really is crucial for my mental health, happiness and soul. 1 turkey, a handful of red tail hawks, a couple deer and a generous dose of fresh air, exercise and mindfulness. Played with a buddy I have not seen most of the winter. Finished the round sharing a couple Oberon....until the last echos of winter told us it was time to go. God, I love disc golf.

I lost a yellow Hatchet way left on a wooded 18th hole in the fall of 2018. I looked for a very long time and gave up, assuming it was buried in leaves. Two weeks ago, a text from a total stranger who had found my disc. We figured out a place he could hide it, and last weekend I went down there and picked it up.

A year or so I gave a guy several of the Kastaplast discs that my noodle arm couldn't manage. He lives in Portland, and I know him from an online disc golf group. About a month ago, he shot me a DM to tell me he had lost the beautiful purple Stahl in the snow, and wanted to thank me again for the gift, because he really loved that disc. Yesterday, I got a text from a guy in Portland who found "my" disc, and I was able to reunite them (this was maybe the third time I've been texted about a disc that I've given away or sold; I don't really understand why the new owner doesn't update it, but what the hell).

In addition to all the reasons previously stated, this is why I love disc golf.

Latest posts