• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Going Team Trilogy Need Replacements

I'm the only local player throwing trilogy. I love the plastic. Between the three brands there are plenty of solid molds to fill the bag. I love the consistency and I'm huge proponent for quality products. The reasons I'm joining are pretty simple. I don't buy anything else and it gives me access to reduced prices.

After looking at the Inbounds flight guide it looks like the Scythe is the closest thing for the Flick. I know the Harp is probably the closest to the Zone, so that's where I am leaning. I've never thrown a Suspect.

Thanks for all the input.

Sounds good and welcome aboard. It made sense to me too. I already had a bag full of the discs so I wasn't making a switch. I do know a few people have completely switched over and that probably isn't ideal. If a person is doing that simply to get a discount on new discs I tell them team trilogy is probably not for them. If however you've been working on switching molds because you enjoy the plastic options and are comfortable doing so and just want to meet new people and have a fun time playing disc golf with another purpose in mind then I think it's perfect.

Some people go all out and wear the drifits or dye their discs with the team trilogy made logo and all that. I just display my team bag tag and try to represent myself well while playing the sport and answer questions anyone has about the discs I know. Beyond that I'm concerned with growing disc golf locally first and then I'll worry more big picture. I'm helping build and design a course now and it's with people who throw innova, discraft, legacy, and much more. I support all those companies I just happen to prefer lat64 plastic options. :thmbup:

Apropos the Zone, I think the only putter that's an appropriate rival is the Credo, but that's not made by the Trilogy. As others have said, your best bet would likely be a Sinus (which I don't think is as overstable).

My suspects aren't close to my zones. Suspects are straight, good glide, great hss, with a little fade at the end out to about 300' for me. Zones have next to no glide, hook up much sooner, and on a rip I only get mine out to about 275'. I bag both because they cover such different shots. The harp is the closest thing that I have thrown for sure (from these companies anyways). I might wait till it comes in a premium plastic, but it still fits the role.

EXACTLY!

good luck on replacing a zone.. most unique disc i have thrown

Agreed.....

You guys are making me want to try out a Zone to see what all the fuss is about... I have no Discraft in the bag right now, so maybe I should add it.....

I had a Sinus for OS putter duties, but am using a VP for now...

You should, zones are awesome. (especially the Cryztal Sparkle Zones)

As others have said, your best bet would likely be a Sinus (which I don't think is as overstable).

I've found the Sinus to be a very different mold. It's a very nice overstable putter, but it's only available in base plastic (as far as I know) and really serves different purposes.

Most people use the Zone as more of a midrange than a putter. The Sinus feels much more putter-like. This is why I recommend the Suspect. It's a bit faster, but can accomplish a lot of the shots that the Zone is typically used for.

I've never thrown a Flick, but I bag, and throw a Zone. IMO the trilogy disc that will most easily recreate a Zone's flight lines is the Trident.

Ignore the putter and fairway labels, neither disc falls squarely into those categories. The Trident has slightly more HSS and a touch less glide, but a similar shallow feel.

Would Team Trilogy be mad if you threw Disc raft but ordered it from Dynamic? They have some of those limited runs of Zones and flicks...I don't know how It works, but if that was doable you wouldn't have to replace your molds...

Would Team Trilogy be mad if you threw Disc raft but ordered it from Dynamic? They have some of those limited runs of Zones and flicks...I don't know how It works, but if that was doable you wouldn't have to replace your molds...

Nobody gets "mad" by people throwing what they want to throw but part of the agreement is you throw trilogy plastic (in tournaments) and you're a member of the PDGA. So there shouldn't be any reason someone wants to join outside of those foundations of the team. If so that person is just being dishonest and shouldn't apply. Anyone who just wants to replace what they throw for a discount and some special stamped discs is doing it wrong. It's for people who already throw those companies or have decided recently to switch for whatever reason and want to be a part of it for fun and a little competition among each other. No one is encouraged to completely switch their bags over and expect to suddenly become great. That is reaching. It's just for fun and coming together to grow the sport of disc golf. Hence the PDGA membership requirement. We believe in using that to help promote competition and spreading of the game to more people.

Harp!

FWIW I've been reaching for the Harp more than my Zone lately, which is not something I ever did with the Suspect. The Suspect has too much forward fade to be compared to a Zone IMO.

The Harp, even though it tracks straighter in the air for longer than a Zone does, still has a reliably dumpy fade that instills confidence in many shots that I've been throwing it for. I don't carry any OS mids in my bag because I could always use the Zone or power down on the XXX or FD, but the Harp feels like a true, albeit old school, OS mid. Controllable range and reliable flight, whereas the Zone is good powered up, but doesn't power down as well as the Harp does for me. Feel-wise, the depth and rim shape feel VERY similar to a Zone, but the Harp does have a bit of a bead, slightly changing the feel. This is a benefit to me since I putt with Judges and want something that has a shallow feel, but also a bead for putting in windy conditions.

Honestly, as I said in the Harp thread, if the premium plastic Harps come out just a little more beefy than the BT Softs and will actually skip, I could see the Zone getting kicked out of the bag. As much as I love the Zone, it would be a one-trick pony compared to the Harp.

Just do what the pros do, wipe the stamps and either dye/stamp it with something neutral or Trilogy themed

Or just throw a mixed bag like a normal person...

lol that's so funny to me when people say throw what you like! Then they try to ridicule someone who does just that and it happens to be from one, or in this case, three companies. If there was a mold or plastic that I felt I needed to have I would have it. I have what I want. I fail to see how that is abnormal or even how it matters to someone else what another player chooses to stick in their bag. It's plastic. It's all just preference and we all make the choices we like. Stick to what you like, and we'll all do the same. :thmbup:

Seriously though, for right now none of the brands have quite what you're looking for but that doesn't mean they won't in the near future. Remember, DD is still new to the disc production game. They will have plenty of new releases coming down the pike, I'm sure. Westside, also, doesn't have THAT many molds compared to other companies.

For now bagging a Harp, Suspect and Scythe seems to be a pretty good way to go. Haven't thrown a Scythe but I have thrown the harp and bag the Suspect and can say the two could easily cover your Zone shots.

The cool thing about being Trilogy is since they are three different companies, they all have their own style/ambitions/slots to fill. So you should be able to find something for every shot.

FWIW get yourself a BioFuzion Suspect...Thank me later and enjoy the best plastic blend (IMO) around....

Last edited:
Wasn't talking to you, now was I?

So now a person can't reply to a comment on a message board? :popcorn: You made a generalizing statement about everyone who doesn't have a "mixed bag" Well my bag is pretty mixed. I have three companies in it and have chosen exactly what works best for me. Why would you care about what people throw outside of yourself and why is that not "normal"?

Well, I never even got that courtesy. Maybe no news is good news?

This is all coming from the email which flat out says "you were not selected to join Team Latitude. But you can still join Team Trilogy, register your email here." Once I registered, I got the confirmation email with the subject of "Team Trilogy: Subscription Confirmed"

I'm still not entirely sure what I actually signed up for. But it sure looks a lot like email marketing....

Latest posts