• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Golfing all day? What's your powerfood??

EduCatOR

Par Member
So what power food works best for you when you play golf all day? We were all worn out, about to play at West Park in Joliet, IL, so it was food time. I had a big ole peanut-butter and jelly sandwich made with good potato bread. One of the best rounds I've ever had which took place on a fairly difficult course.

I'll chalk it up to the PBJ, what's your power food??

I carry in my bag -- every round ...

2 32oz waters
1 sandwich
2 fruit (orange, apple, or banana)
peanuts (shelled) or some sort of trail mix

I work night audit at a hotel. Working all night and then getting a round or two in will completely destroyer your game. With the right snacks and a light-on-the-stomach, but filling lunch to keep the energy and nutrient levels where they should be, I usually shoot pretty decent games.

I've not carried these goodies in my bag before and scene my score easily jump from -- say an average score of 4 over -- to a nice 10 plus.

It's definately a must in my bag. Even on days not working, the snacks, whatever they may be, definately help your game. There's no doubt about it.:thmbup:

EAT BREAKFAST!!!

beef jerky is awesome. I like certain protein bars the one I buy most often from brick and mortar stores is the CLIF Builder's bar - peanut butter. If I'm going to be out really all day I'll buy some EAS Myoplex vanilla protein shakes. They don't have to be refridgerated or anything so I like them as a portable protein source.

I sometimes bring a 2 gallon water cooler.

I like to bring some fruit like grapes, nectarines, pears, bananas.

Many times I'll grab a sub from a fantastic local grocery store. Generally a roast beef or an italian sub on whole wheat, every veggie, banana peppers some oil and mustard, provolone cheese.

\/\/

I usually start off by eating a good breakfast in the morning, like a bowl of cereal or a breakfast buritto. I carry water and gatorade in my bag with some trail mix or a couple of energy bars to have throughout the day. At lunch time I will eat a good meal like a deli sandwich but I want eat too heavy because it will make me tired.

Breakfast in the morning and a powerbar (the 23 gram protein kind). I swear by protein bars now. We play at Live Oak alot which is a 30+ hole course and after about twenty something holes in the TX heat my friends start dropping off like flies shooting double and triple bogeys as, but my super protein bars help get me through.

Protein bars, an apple, and most importantly...almonds. Lots of water as well.

Beer first

Trail mix second (lots of fruit and nuts)

Granola bars (but natural ones without preservatives and other junk, try Larabars)

Jerky last (unless it is hot and I don't want all the excess salt and preservatives)

Canned tuna is EXCELLENT. 24g protein in a can, almost no fat if you don't buy the junk in oil, buy the low sodium kind too. The pop top and just about $1 a can for a great snack. Disc golf is not too strenuous where you'd need a bunch of carbs to really keep up your energy, that's what the beer is for.