• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good list of things for a disc golfer to own

the invisible tree said:
IowaDiscGolf said:
Quality footwear...Merrell shoes are pretty good

I don't mean to hijack your thread but Merrills suck. They wear out as fast or faster than any other shoe I've tried. I had three consecutive pairs of the same style of yellow trail running shoe from them on which the sole seperated from the shoe after a single round.
The best shoes I've had are Nike turf shoes. The short rubber cleat serves two purposes: better grip off the tee and more durability. I don't lose any grip on the tee and the .5"-.75" rubber cleat takes a long time to wear down to the point that holes start to be worn in the shoe. They cost about $30 too at one of those bargain chains like Marshall's or TJ Maxx. The ones I have now have lasted about 10 months and are still going strong. Previous to these I wore out a new pair of disc golf shoes in about 3 months if not less.

Link please.

one thing i always put in my bag and i don't know if anyone said this is plastic shopping bags. i've been out before when it just started pouring but just had to play. since i had older shoes with holes and didn't have my waterproof boots i just put those plastic bags on my feets then put the shoes on and i was very shocked at how dry they kept my feet.

DigIt said:
Link please.

Those close out places only get last year's models and things like that so maybe I've got the only two pair left out there. They're LA Lakers colored astro turf shoes if that tells you anything. 8) It's a similar style shoe to this, though. The other thing I would say is that if you can't get a great deal on some astro turf shoes don't drop a bunch of coin on some poor quality shoes that will wear out quick. $20 shoes that last 3 months isn't a huge deal. $80-100 shoes that last 3 months will make disc golf an expensive habit.

TeeRexJJ said:
one thing i always put in my bag and i don't know if anyone said this is plastic shopping bags. i've been out before when it just started pouring but just had to play. since i had older shoes with holes and didn't have my waterproof boots i just put those plastic bags on my feets then put the shoes on and i was very shocked at how dry they kept my feet.

On a side note, these bags will also keep your feet warm in frigid cold. Might help someday.....

Latest posts