• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good understable disc

south.texas.dead.i

Bogey Member
I'm looking for a disc that will curve to the right? I'm fairly new to disc golf but tired of having to find ways to get around obstacles for over stable discs

Sorry, old joke. Macho driver = wide rim.

Driver fast, mamba
Driver slow, diamond
Mid stingray, fuse, meteor

Your Buzzz should work for shots to the right. That's a great disc to practice doing it with too its a pretty neutral flyer. If thats still too overstable you can throw a leopard or stingray go to the right without much effort.

You could probably say I'm looking for a driver to fall to the right on its decent there's a couple holes at my local course where i could see this being a big advantage

I would go Innova Stingray, Kite or a Discraft Meteor. If your a newer disc golfer this is going to be a difficult shot to perform in the first place and there is really no way you could make this shot with a driver.

I have ~170g pink Warships for long high anhyzers, won't come back given enough speed and spin.
I've been thinking of returning Prodiscus Basic MIDARi back for the understable midrange slot. They're a lot easier to turn after beating them a bit. That's just something I rarely need.

If you want an actual driver that goes to the right, I would look at getting a lighter weight Champ Mamba. They are pretty understable right out of the box.

BLURR said:
If you want an actual driver that goes to the right, I would look at getting a lighter weight Champ Mamba. They are pretty understable right out of the box.
Talking about a 150g?

south.texas.dead.i said:
BLURR said:
Talking about a 150g?

Something between 150-165 would probably do. When I first started playing I threw a lot of low 160's.

just because no one mentioned it. The flying squirrel from ABC Disc great disc for turn right shots. the discraft glide as well.

If you are looking for a driver I recommend a sidewinder, roadrunner or avenger ss for turnovers, or you could use those overstable drivers you have and learn a forehand throw. Bosses and nuke os are great long distance flick meat hooks, for little more control you could use a surge, or katana.

money 21 said:
just because no one mentioned it. The flying squirrel from ABC Disc great disc for turn right shots. the discraft glide as well.

Couldn't agree more with both of these two molds. Not quite a midrange, but not quite a driver either. And the Flying Squirrel is sneaky long for a gap disc.

i was asking the same thing a few weeks ago looking for a distance driver. I ended up with an innova roadrunner and I couldn't be happier. if I have an obstacle to my left or a wind coming from my right,it's my go to disc now.it drastically goes to the right coming out of my hand, but without flipping over.stays flat and goes right the entire flight until the end and then barely fades in left at the end. hope this helps

You should try to learn the forehand throwing technique. Much more accurate and reliable than trying to turnover or anny an understable disc with your backhand.

If you can learn to throw both forehand and backhand as a beginner, you will be much better off in the long run.

That said, I have to throw in the Champ Panther for a nice understable mid-range. It's basically the Leopard's little brother. Very easy to throw and quite versatile.