• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Bags - Simian

you can easily do 13 in the mail compartment, 2 putters in each putter pocket and 2 in one of the storage pocket. you can also do 3 putters in each putter pock as well since they are adjustable. I got 28 in my proto and that has one less puyyer pocket than the production model. There wasn't much room for extra stuff, but I still had a towel.

This really is my favorite bag I've used. I've tried just about every bag on the market over the last 14 years. I carried Revo for years until I got this.

Ha...now I can't wait until I get a job in the summer again! If I pick up my tourney playing then I'll probably get one.

IMG00054-20091102-2155.jpg

IMG00055-20091102-2155.jpg

I've got one of the protos. They really are worth their cost, and mine doesn't even have all the features!

Got my interest up too, I want to see one of these in person...

I haven't had a Dual Pack Iite, but as compared to the dual pack, my main complaints with the DP is that it felt like a blanket on my back. It took up my whole back and laid against it so there was not ventilation. The Simian gets around this because the bag is tapered so there's not as much against your back. The DP doesn't have dedicated putter pockets and the "drink holders" suck. The discs were also kind of hard to get out, especially on the ends. Also, the DP has the discs being carried just like a traditional bag with quads, low and across the back. The simian has them high and in the center of the back so it distributes the weight and carries the load MUCH better.

So which do you prefer dgdave - the stock straps or quads?

Any experience with a spider monkey? I'm thinking of going lighter...

Quads, but I seem to be the only one so far. They just fit me better. I like the cusion of the new stock straps better, but the quads fit me better.

Simian Storage capacity

I'm really interested in this bag. I like the fact that it's similar to the Revo pack, which is something I've had my hands on. My biggest question is capacity.

I'm not so concerned with disc capacity, but storage capacity. I want something that I can have tons of storage with for sweatshirts, snack, drinks, etc... I've also looked at the Golf Mahal from Mystery Ranch but like the color and seat options of the Simian better.

Any comments on the storage capacity and maybe pictures?

Thanks

I usually have 14 discs in my sim and there's a ton of space left over for other stuff. You can easily carry around an extra sweater, a six pack and some snacks if you wanted to.

Thanks for that info...is the storage on the side,or under the discs? I was kinda wondering what was under the disc storage compartment...

That area at the bottom is open. I have not figured out yet what I'm going to put down there. I've only had it two days and I keep finding more places to store stuff.

There are two large pockets on either side that could hold 5-6 discs each that I just use for storage space. Underneath the discs is a large open area that I sometimes carry a hoodie or a jacket in depending on the weather. You have to remove a couple discs to get access to it, but it's definitely usable space.

I would say the 2 side pockets have nearly identical storage capacity as my Revo Carolina bag had. Most of the space I've gained with the Simian is the middle section underneath the lowest disc. There's enough room for me to keep all of my extra clothes down there, jacket, gloves, hat, etc.

Latest posts