• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with you OC, but I'm not sure he is planning on turning this into a major company. If somebody has a problem with his website, tough. It sounds like he's plenty busy as is. Plus, he has an obvious advantage in the quality control department. He makes the best and most durable disc golf bags on the market. If you're upset it takes awhile to get yours because it's handcrafted and you find the semantics regarding "in stock" to be misleading, piss off. There are other people in line waiting patiently.

Meh. After looking at the site, it looks like he's done to Disc Golf Bags what Monster House did for architecture. Once it falls apart, is he going to give you the same attitude? That Tiki House sure looked sweet, but when something catches on fire does your insurance cover it? You have to put yourself in the consumer's shoes for a moment.

Oh but they posted about it on DGR so it must be Legit right :doh:

yeah refuse to adapt your system when its flaws are revealed. thats a great business model. :thmbdown:

are you chris' mom or something trav? you seem REALLY excited about GB.:\

What is misleading?

This has already been answered, but we'll cover it again. When you see something is "in stock" it typically means its there and ready to go. So when you order something in stock you can ussually expect shipping to take place the day of or after the order because its ready to go. That doesnt hold true here...

I'm saying that because he offers a product that has unmatched quality by the competition, there really isn't somewhere else. He's created a seller's market by manufacturing the highest quality disc golf bags on the market.

He makes a great bag, but its of no better or less quality than Revo bags. Thats not a knock on his product.

yeah refuse to adapt your system when its flaws are revealed. thats a great business model. :thmbdown:

are you chris' mom or something trav? you seem REALLY excited about GB.:\

Sorry Apoth. I'm not trying to be a cheerleader for GB. The guy sounds like he has alot on his plate, and might not have the best business model, but he builds great bags. Your complaint is obviosly legitimate. I'd be interested to hear how you think feel after you get your bag though. To see if it was worth it.

I dont diaagree that the way my store is set up may be a little misleading...but when I had it set up I was able to have over 100 bags fully complete and in stock but since this year it really has not been possable for me to catch up so it has lead to me having to do things the way I do now...

and as Totter said about the "just-in-time" the company I work for is a world leader in there industry and they do every thing by the "just-in-time" ordering system...

but like I said I do not disagree ubout the misleading "wordin" and other thigns on my store and it is some thing that needs to be updated I just have not had time to sit down and do so..

and yeah I was at the beach yesterday but I sat on the bench so no sandy "v" here.....lol :p

I just ordered a Spider Monkey yesterday. It said it was "in stock," and I was hoping to get it in time for an upcoming disc golf road trip. I sure hope it comes in the same time frame it would as if it were sitting on a shelf ready to get mailed out at the time of my order. I don't know...we'll see. I can understand Apothecary's point of view, but at the same time, I can understand the challenges of running a small business coupled with the challenges of life (i.e., kids, other job, etc.)

If there is a major lag time between ordering and receiving, I could see that being a bit of a problem. :\

GB already has a great reputation for quality bags. Hopefully GB doesn't develop a less than stellar reputation for misleading information on their website.

Edit: I think 99.9% of people would be fine with the "just-in-time" business model, if they were simply made aware of it.

well, my birthday is in September and I am planning on getting a new bag. Either a chimp,gorilla, or maybe a silverback, haven't decided yet. Maybe some of the "limited editions" will be out them and I can snag one of those.

I'm waiting 4 more months to order it so I don't really care if it takes him a week to make it and send it out. I'll just order it 2 weeks before my birthday.

Congrats Apot... in less than 24 hours you torched a guy's reputation. Thousands of bags sold and delivered... don't matter.

If you were dying of thirst, I wouldn't give you the sweat off my balls... you're one of those type people who would see Jesus walk on water and bitch that the man couldn't swim.

Ask me how I really feel.

Last edited:
Congrats Apot... in less than 24 hours you torched a guy's reputation. Thousands of bags sold and delivered... don't matter.

If you were dying of thirst, I wouldn't give you the sweat off my balls... you're one of those type people who would see Jesus walk on water and bitch that the man couldn't swim.

save the drama for your mama.

trot, im nothing if not honest. people trust the feedback i give them on a myriad of topics, dg equipment included. and they should. i dont pull my punches. i evaluate as objectively as possible and i give evidence to back up my arguments.

FWIW, i think Chris is handling the situation quite gracefully. he has responded to my inquiries, both in emails and publicly, here in the forums.

quit trying to start a flame war and jack a line of communication between the public and an established dg equipment company.:thmbdown:

It's kind of a stretch to say one guy "torched" an entire company's reputation, especially one with such a good reputation for delivering quality gear. I don't think anyone's opinion of GB has suddenly changed to "their bags suck."

More along the lines of "Oh, I might have to wait a little longer than I originally anticipated and it would have been nice to know that."

Juke,

I don't disagree with you... but I doubt many a folk are going to read through 24 pages of this thread or the 135 pages over at DGR...

I just happen to think Apot is a prick - straw/camel and the rest of the equation.

As for Chris... our club has 15 - sold 3 of them last week at the tourney, so it's 12 of his bags in our inventory - I carry two myself. I see about 24 of them every month at leagues and can attest to their quality. Since my son and I are still sporting our protos from back in the day.

Juke,

I don't disagree with you... but I doubt many a folk are going to read through 24 pages of this thread or the 135 pages over at DGR...

I just happen to think Apot is a prick - straw/camel and the rest of the equation.

As for Chris... our club has 15 - sold 3 of them last week at the tourney, so it's 12 of his bags in our inventory - I carry two myself. I see about 24 of them every month at leagues and can attest to their quality. Since my son and I are still sporting our protos from back in the day.

You can feel however you want about Apothecary and I'll support your right to that feeling 100%.

You might not like his wording, but he is expressing legitimate concerns. It is a bonus to know about shipping times/issues when dealing with a company.

Just sayin'. :)

Juke,

over time, i think they will. that community has notable fatal flaws and, over time, more people will seek their information here.:thmbup:

Apoth is a prick. But hes also savy and honest.

and whats that last part mean? youz talkin amurikn hillbilly?:\

want to know what i think about you? i think youre a nobody. you have a crappy website and probably overcharge your friends for plastic and run a crappy club. im sure the attitude you show here is equally manifested in your business dealings. :)

and you dont know bbc. :eek:

Latest posts