• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been awhile since I posted here, how's everyone been doing?
Gorilla Boy is still here and we have been thriving! Got a bunch of new upgrades on the simian for the 2022 season! Come check out our site or fb page if you haven't heard what we've been up to lately.

Gorilla Boy is still here and we have been thriving! Got a bunch of new upgrades on the simian for the 2022 season! Come check out our site or fb page if you haven't heard what we've been up to lately.

I've owned three or four of your bags, I'll speak up since nobody else has.

Outsourcing the black Simians pissed a lot of people off - comment?

How long is the wait list for saayyyy a Spider Monkey?

Will/is your website updated?

I have more questions but let's spark some conversation:popcorn:

I've owned three or four of your bags, I'll speak up since nobody else has.

Outsourcing the black Simians pissed a lot of people off - comment?

How long is the wait list for saayyyy a Spider Monkey?

Will/is your website updated?

I have more questions but let's spark some conversation:popcorn:

Outsourcing black simians pissed me off also, dumbest thing ever and I wish I had not done it. But it was a learning experience and I now trust no one to make my bags for me except for in house with me there.

I havent offered any of my smaller bags for several years and the reason is simple, I couldn't keep up with orders for simians and since simians were making up well over 90% of my orders I dropped the rest.

Of course my website is current and updated. Go check it out.

As for wait times, last year was an insane year and we sold 2.5 times more than any year before. Longest wait time with that happening got to about 11 week at the longest point. These wait times happen when it jist me and one or two people that are sewing. And you're looking at minimum of 7 hours per bag being made.

Live and learn, I hold no ill will.

Didn't know this since I already own them.

Good!

Are you going to be adding your smaller bags back to orders? I know everyone and their mother probably wanted a Simian but I'll go out on a limb - it was noobs over spending like your first firearm or sports car. I think you'd *crush* the market getting back to your roots and accepting less Simian orders.

Business wise (money), I bet the largest profit margin is indeed on Simians...speculating of course but I think your business will last longer if you reduce profit and focus on satisfying customers.

I'm just some random idiot on the internet that's been playing for 20 years. Surprised me nobody responded on here after 3.5 hours. Take my words with a grain of salt.

All love here. Haven't been upset by your products in any way:thmbup:

Received a lovely camo Squirrel Monkey a couple of weeks ago. After playing a few rounds, I love it! Two putters fit nicely in the putter pocket, and I will appreciate the two drink holders next summer. For cold weather rounds, I stuff a towel and/or windbreaker in the second drink holder.

Thanks for a great bag!

^ Original post from 2012 . . . and 10 years later, the Squirrel Monkey is still holding up great! :thmbup:

Glad to hear things are going well.

I do have one question: How do you recommend cleaning a Squirrel Monkey? After 10 years of use, it might have gotten a little dirty. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

^ Original post from 2012 . . . and 10 years later, the Squirrel Monkey is still holding up great! :thmbup:

Glad to hear things are going well.

I do have one question: How do you recommend cleaning a Squirrel Monkey? After 10 years of use, it might have gotten a little dirty. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

I've always suggested scrubbing the bags with slightly soapy water.

I would post more pics of things I've been making recently, but this old forum isn't very user friendly and it only let me post this one.

As of last year I started offering custom color choices and then I got into doing custom quilted images on the bags. They have been turning out really nice. Most recent one I did has the wonder bread dots all over it. It's really opened a new avenue of creativity for me.

Attachments

• PhotoRoom-20220127_121022.jpg
    PhotoRoom-20220127_121022.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 69
My Squirrel Monkey (15 years old), Gorilla (16 years old) and Simian (5 years old?) are all doing great. Would really like an updated simian though.

Any interest in updating some of your old work? My Kong is going on 15 years and is still doing great besides some fraying here and there. It would be cool to get a tune-up with some of the new features. It might also be a cool video/Facebook Live to pick apart your old work and compare what you did then vs. what you do now.

Any interest in updating some of your old work? My Kong is going on 15 years and is still doing great besides some fraying here and there. It would be cool to get a tune-up with some of the new features. It might also be a cool video/Facebook Live to pick apart your old work and compare what you did then vs. what you do now.

Would also be a good testament/advertisement of the durability of the bags. I understand not wanting to open that bag of worms. Then you would have guys like me who may want a new mesh pocket on their squirrel monkey or a new frame for the gorilla (actually planning on doing this myself soon)

Spidey sense

When I was using the 'boat' style bags, the silverback I carried was the best. Quad shocks being discontinued kind of killed that form factor though. That being said, I'd be in the market for a spider monkey if those were ever to be produced again.

I asked about getting a new squirrel monkey last year, ended up finding one used with a set of matching quads. Makes a great quick round bag. Took it out out today to try out some new used mids.

Attachments

• 40C3DFC8-F958-468C-803A-03B758063C54.jpg
    40C3DFC8-F958-468C-803A-03B758063C54.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 1D333489-B3BD-4B63-9A81-881AA603DCE6.jpg
    1D333489-B3BD-4B63-9A81-881AA603DCE6.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 64
Saw a photo of a Simian sitting in a rover cart from MVP. Anybody have experience with this set up, or another cart option you like better?

As far as the bag, I have been using my old style Simian just over 4 years and it is solid as ever. Straps/zippers, fabric, pockets are holding strong, minor wear and tear on the hook and loop attachments of the back pads is all. Great bag, wish I had a reason to get the updated version haha.

One of my big things with a bag is that it's light weight. I carried a L64 Luxury and Grip A a few years ago and it killed my back. I got a cart until I downgraded to a UPD Pinch and sold the cart because the Pinch is so light and easy to carry.

I'm looking at upgrading to a larger bag and noticed the Simian is 6lb 5oz empty, which is fairly heavy comparatively. Does the bag carry heavy? I also do a lot of backpacking and have a heavier bag, the the ergonomics make it really great to carry. Is the Simian similar?

I'm looking at upgrading to a larger bag and noticed the Simian is 6lb 5oz empty, which is fairly heavy comparatively. Does the bag carry heavy? I also do a lot of backpacking and have a heavier bag, the the ergonomics make it really great to carry. Is the Simian similar?

Anything with an internal frame is going to have some decent weight to it compared to other disc golf bags. Ergonomics are also not going to be as nice. A lot of it depends on if you value not having to carry a chair or whatever to sit on during rounds. I have a Ridge and while it's a bit heavy, I really like it when I know I'm going to be playing all day. I think once you get used to a slightly heavier bag you won't notice much difference and doubling as a chair will benefit you more than the bag will wear you out.

Saw a photo of a Simian sitting in a rover cart from MVP. Anybody have experience with this set up, or another cart option you like better?

As far as the bag, I have been using my old style Simian just over 4 years and it is solid as ever. Straps/zippers, fabric, pockets are holding strong, minor wear and tear on the hook and loop attachments of the back pads is all. Great bag, wish I had a reason to get the updated version haha.

I have Simian on a RidgeRoller. I can still sit on the bag. Cart wasn't cheap, but USA made and light. I really like the setup.

I have Simian on a RidgeRoller. I can still sit on the bag. Cart wasn't cheap, but USA made and light. I really like the setup.

Awesome I was wondering if it was able to be sat on still. For sure gonna have to save up and snag a rover.

I should have asked the other day but the question slipped my mind until now, are you able to use the drink holders or side pockets on your Simian in the ridge-roller? Or did you have to add some extra disc storage on the handle?

I should have asked the other day but the question slipped my mind until now, are you able to use the drink holders or side pockets on your Simian in the ridge-roller? Or did you have to add some extra disc storage on the handle?

Yes I can still use both. Send me a DM and I can text you pics when I get home if you want. It's nearly a perfect setup up for me.

Update: The swivel on the shoulder strap gave out recently. I see that you have replacement shoulder straps for the Simian on your website.

Would that work for the Squirrel Monkey?

I've always suggested scrubbing the bags with slightly soapy water.

Thanks!