• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Great Sayings on the Course

On the flip side of this, if someone lays up we tend to say "Playin safety golf today"

You just reminded me

Whenever someone, including myself, lays up for a safety shot I'll start singing

S s s s s s
A a a a a a
F f f f f f f
E e e e e e
T t tt t t
Y y y y y y y

or just chime in with "We can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind..."

right after some one comes up short on a putt....
"put your purse down betty and try it again".

Ball golf has a million of these. "Tripped on your skirt?" "Sister Mary Alice'd that one, huh?" "Does your husband play too?"

When I see a new player, or one of my friends going to a long putt or shot, I say "Comon rookie, park that thing". I got that from the movie "Apollo 13".

Also, when ever I really mess up a shot I say "Damn, looks like I am the one that needs a lesson or two".

"that was gonna be perfect if that tree wasnt there"

If someone smacks a tree we say "Tree-nied!" or when someone steps up to finish a "can't miss" 2 or 3 footer and bangs it off the rim and it falls to the ground we call it a "Mulkey". You Mulkeyed!! or if one Hyzers out way too soon "stick a fork in it". This last one can be used in alot of situations.

When a drive or an upshot goes way off, and in the "rough", I'll do my best Bullwinkle imitation..."Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat"

When ever someone shanks one, or grip locks and the disc goes way off course, we all start singing " Baby Come Back" .

I got a buddy who always yells "YES!!!!" after his good throws, after his bad throws he yells"YES!!!!" too. Its pretty funny that he acts excited even when his disc is flying 75 feet out into the water and he will never see it again, he acts like he meant to do it. I guess you have to be there but its frickin hilarious.

So this isn't really clever at all but...

A friend of mine, playing an open hole with a couple trees down the right side of the fairway, grip locked a shot that was supposed to be a line drive under an overhanging tree branch, he ended up hyzering it between the branch and trunk, and the disc flight proceeded to do the exact same thing to another tree 20' further away and came to rest in the middle of the fairway.

He starts cursing so I replied "quit showing off"...and it's become my go-to phrase when that stuff happens.

Your screen name and that first post made me laugh so hard, I spit some tea on my computer. VERY NICE! :clap::D

I wasn't sure if anybody was going to catch on to the dig @ Expert Village. Sorry about the spitting....:D

That's a great.....great throw......

I played solo yesterday, and after sinking a longish putt, I couldn't help but yelling out in my best announcer voice, "And he hits the cages!":D

I got a buddy who always yells "YES!!!!" after his good throws, after his bad throws he yells"YES!!!!" too. Its pretty funny that he acts excited even when his disc is flying 75 feet out into the water and he will never see it again, he acts like he meant to do it. I guess you have to be there but its frickin hilarious.

I have a firend that says "that's the shot" after every shot.

Latest posts