• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ Bag

Fritz

* Ace Member *
So I think I'm finally ready to get a new bag and I'm highly contemplating the Grip EQ Bag.
What's the verdict, how has it held up over the past couple years for those who have it?
Worth the 200$+ to buy it?

Fritz said:
So I think I'm finally ready to get a new bag and I'm highly contemplating the Grip EQ Bag.
What's the verdict, how has it held up over the past couple years for those who have it?
Worth the 200$+ to buy it?
I like the Grip, but I'd seriously consider a Physical Flight Challenger Pak first (http://www.physicalflightdg.com) first for a few reasons: getting discs out of the edges is easier with a non-rounded corner, the bag sits taller so you can more easily reach your putters or pick up the bag without bending over, the bag holds a disc or two more (not counting the top and added side storage), and I like the storage options a bit more. You can also get it in colors you like, and the bags are all made in the U.S. and have a lifetime warranty (as does the Grip). The customer service is better.

They feel great too.

Note that these are SMALL differences, but they add up.

The downside is no rainfly (they recommend you put an umbrella in, which works okay - I recommend a taller umbrella for easier use) and the cup holders aren't insulated.

You can't go wrong with either. I have a ProDiscus too and it eliminates some of the small downsides of the Grip but adds its own list (the putter pocket doesn't stand up, the top pouch doesn't velcro back, the rounded corners are still there, etc. Still a pretty great bag.

Thanks for the feedback. How does it compare in weight. There are two reasons I'm getting rid of the Revo Carolina. 1. weight, it's just so heavy after a long day on tough terrain courses the back fatigue is getting to the point where it affects my second and third rounds. 2. I'm tired of bending over to pick up the bag. However I don't want some massive monstrosity on my back either. I've seen players with the Grip bag and it appears to be the perfect size.

Not sure I like the non-insulated cup holders. I play in the desert and nothing sucks more than warm water while you are playing.
Rain-fly isn't a deal breaker though, it hardly ever rains where I play in tournaments.

I will take a look at those bags though.

With backpack the weight will still be there, but you don't have to bend down quite as low with them as the handle is higher up. Can't go wrong with either grip nor prodiscus.

Prodiscus is larger, but other than that it's essentially as grip. If you live in warm climate, you probably won't need the extra space for clothes provided by the prodiscus bag, so from those two choices I'd go with the grip in your situation. Can't comment on the third option as I've never handled nor seen one.

Fritz said:
Thanks for the feedback. How does it compare in weight.
It's lighter than the Grip, even with the aluminum frame installed.

Fritz said:
There are two reasons I'm getting rid of the Revo Carolina. 1. weight, it's just so heavy after a long day on tough terrain courses the back fatigue is getting to the point where it affects my second and third rounds. 2. I'm tired of bending over to pick up the bag. However I don't want some massive monstrosity on my back either. I've seen players with the Grip bag and it appears to be the perfect size.
I think it makes up fro the height by being slightly thinner in profile, and it's super comfortable on your back. I posted some pictures elsewhere in another thread and I don't play in the heat (and I am in pretty decent shape), so I don't want to say too much. I like all of my bags for different reasons.

What about this?
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38260&highlight=version+grip

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ChainBomber said:
What about this?
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38260&highlight=version+grip

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I made one of these at the beginning of the season this year. It is holding up really well. I am somewhat surprised and how good it works. And...I bought it for $49 with free shipping. And I put about $5 worth of pvc pipe into a u-frame for my disc's and it works great. A buddy of mine, who is a bit rougher on bags, built one at the same time and he has had very little issue with his as well. It is a little worse for wear than mine, but still in decent shape. I highly recommend this bag setup to anybody considering shelling out over $200 for a backpack bag for the upcoming season.

If anybody would like to see what mine looks like after a season of wear and tear, just let me know and I can post pictures up.

I love my grip. I had one a couple years ago, but sold it because I wanted more disc storage. Once I can to my senses about not needing 26-40 discs, I got another grip and couldn't be happier.

I've had my grip since July of 2011 and its been nothing but great for me. It holds the perfect amount of stuff, and fits me and my shorter frame.

I trashed that first one they made, and my replacement(the new and improved version currently available) has been going strong since. Easiest warranty replacement ever, two emails with pics of damage and bam! New bag.

Five things I love most about my Grip bag:

Small enough to keep me from bringing 30 discs every round
Large enough for an appropriate amount of gear (keeping in mind it's a round of disc golf not an expedition)
Weight distribution, especially when loaded down with full drink holders and water bladder.
Rain fly
Quiver pocket

The quiver pocket thing really caught me by surprise. It really is super convenient. To be able to put my ion(pretty standard size) and my go to comet(larger diameter) both at arms length to grab and go without having to pick up the bag off the ground or bend down to get them is fantastic. It may sound strange but those two account for probably half my throws during a round and they're right there at my fingertips. Also for casual rounds its nice to put your bag on after a sweet upshot you just threw to drop in range and wear it whilst everyone else holes out, not have to take off your bag to put your putter or mid back in the quiver after your tap in.

I love my GripEQ except on days when I have to shed layers. I cannot get anything bigger than my long sleeve tshirts to fit in the side. If I have a hoodie to take off, I cannot fit it in there. Keep in mind, I wear medium hoodies and small tshirts. And forget about storing rain gear in there. I'm considering getting a prodiscus bag just for extra potential storage space.

I use the top quiver pocket to stuff a hoodie in. It might hang out a bit but it works.

Paul's new Sig. Series bag.

McBeth(1).jpg

It will prob look like his old No Excuses bag. I am a fan of Stars and Stripes but I won't carry around a bag that has Cali stuff on it.