• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ CS2

While I don't generally like to carry too much stuff I don't really need it is nice to have space when you need it. This time of year when you start a round early and it's cold but by hole six you're shedding clothes the tall side pockets make stashing the cold weather gear super easy without interfering with access to your discs.

This was my thinking when I went with the BX3. It doesn't hurt me if the pockets are empty. It does become an issue when I need the extra space. My line of thinking this time around was what do I need for 90% of my rounds. Then buy the next size up so that I am 100% covered.

I surprised wife with an early birthday present, bought a teal Grip CS2. For a bag seemingly targeted towards minimalists and less hardy individuals I was kind of surprised how heavy the CS2 felt compared to her old bag, which is a UPD Shift. After like 2 minutes of research, I soon realized that the CS2 is actually heavier than an Octothorpe, which is surprising as I assumed the lower capacity would translate to less weight. She likes the bag well enough, though.

Nice gift! I've been going back and forth between a CS2 and UPD Shift all year thus far. In my opinion, CS2 is a better bag.

Mind if I ask if you still think the CS2 is better? Looks like Grip has marked down their bags and I was thinking about pulling the trigger on a new one.

I usually carry 13-15 discs so I'm looking at the CS2 and the Shift in particular. I saw the CX1 is only 20 dollars more so I'm kinda leaning towards it even though it's a bit bigger than what I probably need

Mind if I ask if you still think the CS2 is better?

Absolutely.

Another thing I like about the Grip is I can pull out two or three discs from the pocket and not have the bag cave in on me as the Shift might, depending on where I pull the discs. This is because the Shift uses the discs for its own structural rigidity.

I usually carry 13-15 discs so I'm looking at the CS2 and the Shift in particular. I saw the CX1 is only 20 dollars more so I'm kinda leaning towards it even though it's a bit bigger than what I probably need

I like the storage pockets on the CX1. Plenty of room for things like jackets, bug spray or sunscreen, towels, a rangefinder or whatever.

On the CS1 you basically have to decide if you want to use the side pockets to put stuff in or use them to carry water bottles since they are kind of "dual purpose".

I suppose it depends on your needs

To be fair, I do carry one 40oz water bottle in one pouch and the other is storage. Or, if it's hot out, I just drag along a 1 gallon double insulated jug.