• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

I asked Justin with Grip EQ about the D rings in the second run. Per Justin " The D rings inside the main compartment have been removed. Nobody was really using them and they just made the bag more complex unnecessarily." I personally used one of mine to attach a towel to it, but can live without it. My second run will arrive Tuesday can't wait to compare the difference. I do have a question for you guys who had first runs. Did he also fix the issue of the plastic inserts on the front label top from being too sharp? Mine punched holes in the bag, had to keep adjusting them to keep from tearing on through. Justin is a top notch guy though who is replaing bags from first run issues with no problem what so ever. I will be a customer for life!

I had bag tags on the D ring. I don't like the d rings on the shoulder strap, because stuff gets in the way if I hang it there

I had bag tags on the D ring. I don't like the d rings on the shoulder strap, because stuff gets in the way if I hang it there

Yea those are awkword for a towel on the straps. I was refering to the internal D rings in the main compartment.

dont know why you'd want one after reading the posts on this forum. shady business practices, long wait times after they take your money, lack of customer service. dont know how this company is still around, to be honest.

I know they are new and people including myself have had to wait a long time. But you have to give the guy props for sending all first run buyers free replacement bags on his dime and not even asking for the other ones back. Every new company goes through some bumps and hurdles. I believe he is very fair and listens to the feedback of the customers and wants to deliver the best product possible. Have you actually tried one of these on loaded up? They are incredible and made well. I am receiving my second run tomorrow and can't wait to get it. :thmbup: You really should give one a try.

can anybody spot the first change of my bag>?

IMG_0203.jpg

Really love the oragne mod. Might have to try that out.

Yeah, I'm definitely aware of that having lived north of the boarder for my entire life. Pretty much all of my DG gear comes from there (and by the looks of my basement, it's a lot!) so I'm familiar with the times. Typically the shipments from the major retailers are a bit quicker than the regular folks via the marketplace, etc. though.

A week may be optimistic, buy hey, I'm an optimistic kind of guy. (despite what my posts in this thread may convey :p)

Checked the tracking number to see this...

Item processed at local delivery facility

Hopefully this is on the truck and will be delivered after lunch for me so I can try it out at league tonight. **crosses fingers**

Horray! Hell must have frozen over, cause my bag is finally here! :thmbup:

Can't wait to get it out for a round tonight.

The bag performed great last night. Loaded it up with everything out of my team revo bag and it felt great on my back all night through 2 rounds. Felt miles better than the revo! My only concern is with the putter trigger dealio, it just seems too light and the snap on it seems like it may not hold up over time, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

Very happy with it overall. It feels great, holds everything I could need and stands up awesome wherever I sat it down. I tried it out on some hills and there were no issues with tipping over at all. Great bag! :thmbup:

Here it is loaded up...

photo-4-1.jpg

what'shisname;95340 My only concern is with the putter trigger dealio said:
I didn't want to waste storage space with the "snap delio" so I put 2 of my warm up putters in the putter pocket, then an extra rag on top of that, then my putter.

Got my bag yesterday, then an email stating that "we messed up your payment and info, can you please call us and pay us, again?" Still not sure if it was worth the wait/hassle/mess-ups/ fear of the bag falling apart, but I liked it for the round I played last night.
The pic is with the bag full, I think 24 discs stuffed in there. I play with about 12-15 most days, so 20+ is a bit much for me, and there are no dividers in the main compartment -- with all the rest the bag has going on, I would've thought dividers would be included for sure. If you don't have a full bag, the discs fall over and lean on themselves, quite annoying.
Plenty of space though, especially on top -- had my fat wallet, cell, snacks, Maui Jim case, and still plenty of room, and they weren't weighing on top of the discs for me like was posted before by someone.
Drink holders seem small/ not tall enough on sight, but didn't have any problems with a 32oz Gatorade and my spray fan of same height. NICE!
With so many compartments/velcros/zippers/ etc, I almost wish this came with an instruction manual! I'm sure they had an idea in mind for all the pockets, but it's a guessing game I suppose.
6029544468_144851b3d2.jpg

So did the charge go through or not? If the money had gone somewhere I would write back and say..ha!

So did the charge go through or not? If the money had gone somewhere I would write back and say..ha!

yeah, or make them wait as long as you had to wait for the bag, sending them emails every so often explaining how you plan on sending that payment out soon...

A friend of mine received his Grip bag and brought it out to leagues last night.

I have been using my revo dual pack since '09. He allowed me to try on his grip bag, fully loaded.

It is absolutely more comfortable than the dual pack. He had 24 discs in there and 1 water bottle along with a few towels and other stuff. It felt much lighter than my bag that only had 14 discs and similar misc. items.

I guess it is finally time to get myself on the wait list!

It is amazing how light the Grip bag feels when on your back. Played a couple rounds with mine moderately loaded, and you barely notice the weight.

The bag performed great last night. Loaded it up with everything out of my team revo bag and it felt great on my back all night through 2 rounds. Felt miles better than the revo! My only concern is with the putter trigger dealio, it just seems too light and the snap on it seems like it may not hold up over time, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

Very happy with it overall. It feels great, holds everything I could need and stands up awesome wherever I sat it down. I tried it out on some hills and there were no issues with tipping over at all. Great bag! :thmbup:

Here it is loaded up...

photo-4-1.jpg

The putter pocket snap shouldn't be an issue. I never had issue with my first run bag nor have I heard of anyone else saying they had an issue with it. If you do though, I am confident that Justin would make it right. I am loving my new second run I just got last night. All issues were fixed and like I said the putter snap was not one of them. The rain cover is even thicker and of a different material. Love it all!:thmbup:

I love where you put your mini. It really is the perfect spot. A lot of people said there wasn't a mini pocket but there it is.:)

Got my bag yesterday, then an email stating that "we messed up your payment and info, can you please call us and pay us, again?" Still not sure if it was worth the wait/hassle/mess-ups/ fear of the bag falling apart, but I liked it for the round I played last night.
The pic is with the bag full, I think 24 discs stuffed in there. I play with about 12-15 most days, so 20+ is a bit much for me, and there are no dividers in the main compartment -- with all the rest the bag has going on, I would've thought dividers would be included for sure. If you don't have a full bag, the discs fall over and lean on themselves, quite annoying.
Plenty of space though, especially on top -- had my fat wallet, cell, snacks, Maui Jim case, and still plenty of room, and they weren't weighing on top of the discs for me like was posted before by someone.
Drink holders seem small/ not tall enough on sight, but didn't have any problems with a 32oz Gatorade and my spray fan of same height. NICE!
With so many compartments/velcros/zippers/ etc, I almost wish this came with an instruction manual! I'm sure they had an idea in mind for all the pockets, but it's a guessing game I suppose.
6029544468_144851b3d2.jpg

:thmbup:
Totally agree. Even fully loaded it rides like it is part of your back.

It is amazing how light the Grip bag feels when on your back. Played a couple rounds with mine moderately loaded, and you barely notice the weight.

I love where you put your mini. It really is the perfect spot. A lot of people said there wasn't a mini pocket but there it is.:)

This bag is made to not need devisers in my opinion. The other bags that have them do not have a strong built in structure like these do. This bag is made for the player who carries at least 15-20 disc in the main compartment. They stand up perfect, to me the divider would just take up disc space. He will be making aller bags later own that accommodate the less carrying disc players all the way down to just recreational.