• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hall of Fame Classic by MVP Disc Sports-- first NT event presented by MVP!

The course isn't designed for Gold level players. Chuck can chime in since he designed it, but my understanding is that even in the longest layout, it's a Blue level course with par assigned based on what a Blue level player should shoot. So some of the par-4s (5 and 18 being really good examples of the phenomenon) are far easier to "birdie" and even "eagle" for Gold level players like these guys.

I imagine we're going to see scores normalize a bit (at least in relation to posted par) tomorrow and Sunday when they play the course designed for Gold level players.

Hole 15 in the long pin position is called a par 5 and might be the easiest birdie on the course.

The course isn't designed for Gold level players. Chuck can chime in since he designed it, but my understanding is that even in the longest layout, it's a Blue level course with par assigned based on what a Blue level player should shoot. So some of the par-4s (5 and 18 being really good examples of the phenomenon) are far easier to "birdie" and even "eagle" for Gold level players like these guys..

Totally agree. I spotted hole 5 today. Its a 510 par 4 but the OB water was WAY, WAY down making it a super easy birdie 3 for the Gold players. The men averaged less than a 3 (more eagles than pars, maybe one bogey). If the water was more normal, it probably averaged near a 3.5. The low water level probably led to lower scores on 12 and 13.

The water had been that low for a good 3 years now, unfortunately that's the new normal out there. 16 under is nuts, that course is much more demanding then they make it look. Par is a little generous for gold level players tho. Hole 5 and 15 are two that strike me as very reachable for eagle. Shoot, I want eagles their and I play advanced.

I'm tied for 5th in advanced, yay me!!!

Pretty tough scoring out there today. Nate Doss shot -8, which sounds pretty good. However, it only got him a tie for 29th, and the (unofficial) round rating was 42 points below his personal rating.

I'm tied for 5th in advanced, yay me!!!

60 points above your rating, and on Jackson! Damn, son!
Maybe I'll be socially advanced enough to say hi when I see you out there. (Or does saying, "hi, I know you from the internet" actually count as socially awkward?)

60 points above your rating, and on Jackson! Damn, son!
Maybe I'll be socially advanced enough to say hi when I see you out there. (Or does saying, "hi, I know you from the internet" actually count as socially awkward?)

I know you from the Internet is totally legit to me. Yeah I killed jackson. I'd be on the lead card if Jason would have trimmed the death branch that murders my spike hyzer route on 3, I took a 6 on a hole I birdie 90% of the time. I Killed the par 4s, and got a birdie on 8. Best tournement round I've ever played by FAR. I think I only had about 4 actual putts all round.

Best of luck to everyone out there.

I didn't read much of the thread, but Jomez is on site for those hoping for video coverage if nobody else mentioned it

Last edited:
$$$, schustrings and the champs. Ugh i wish i was there.

Kinda wish dollar shot two strokes worst. Barry , climo, mcbeth, schusterick. That would have been a Nerdgasm.

Last edited:
Yeah pretty good coverage by McFlySoHigh(Prodigy), although I was hoping for live coverage...

The woods down there make it hard to get decent signals.

*Cool getting to see the Borg play one of my favorite courses (Steady Ed)

I'm only a few holes into McFly's coverage from yesterday, but I'm already surprised to see that they didn't set up the course entirely in the long positions for the Open division. Hole 1 was definitely in the short, as was hole 3. It's no wonder some of these guys were dropping -14 and -16 scores out there.