• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has DGCR Peaked?

It would be trying to appeal to a small niche market... come to think of it is there any disc golf movies that are main stream? I remember Seinfeld and "the summer of George" where he was going to start Frolfing but I can't think of any other mainstream references to DG.

No but they planted a fake basket in 22 Jump Street by the water which isn't actually a real hole:|

Random thought about DGCR: When it started in 2007, I threw every new disc that came out and could pretend like I knew a lot about golf discs. Fast-forward 12 years and there is a popular three-company disc manufacturer that I ignore (basically because the fanboys are annoying) and Innova released a disc (Corvette) that I've not only never tried, I've not paid attention enough to it to even know what kind of disc it is. OS? US? Fairway? High-Speed? Who knows, I don't care. So much for pretending to know a lot about golf discs.

I think I have peaked in terms of caring about the new releases of stuff. There are now only a few rough spots in my bag to iron out, and only every once in a while does something come out that could possibly challenge a slot.

For the longest time, I was chasing that promised, mythical mold/plastic combination that would not specifically turn me into a better player, but at least allow me to know I was building a house of skills and experience on top of a sound plastic foundation ie my bag and the discs I chose to throw a lot of.

These days I am damn close to solidifying what I throw. I at least know what I want and have tried just about every "archetype" of disc that could possibly fill the roles I am looking for. Even as new discs are released, we've pretty much seen at least a few discs that fit the same archetype - Paul's new fairway for example will be compared to an incredible spectrum of established disc molds - you really think they can outdo a Teebird?

On the other hand, I plan on picking up a small stack of the new FD2 when the prod run is released in order to kick teebs out of the bag finally, so I guess you never know. :doh:

Hey guys I was walking my dog today and saw a DisCatcher Sport in someone's yard. Ain't that cool!?

It would be trying to appeal to a small niche market... come to think of it is there any disc golf movies that are main stream? I remember Seinfeld and "the summer of George" where he was going to start Frolfing but I can't think of any other mainstream references to DG.

I believe Parks and Rec had an Episode where a Disc golfer gets a disc lost in the water and one of the Police used a grabbing tool for getting things like bombs and other dangerous things like specific drug stuff without touching them. The police called it Frisbee Golf and the others called it Disc Golf. My brother told me.

Another is in Comic strip Zits where The Son Jeremy plays Disc Golf, they actually call it the right name because one of the two people who work on that comic his son plays Disc Golf and father does too but is not that serious about it.

I believe Parks and Rec had an Episode where a Disc golfer gets a disc lost in the water and one of the Police used a grabbing tool for getting things like bombs and other dangerous things like specific drug stuff without touching them. The police called it Frisbee Golf and the others called it Disc Golf. My brother told me.

I must have missed that episode in the 5-6 times I've watched Parks and Rec. :|

They gave away a basket/discs as part of a Price Is Right prize. Can't get much more mainstream than that!

29511717_1316231208476826_672950371652773383_n.jpg

I must have missed that episode in the 5-6 times I've watched Parks and Rec. :|

Let me further clarify this statement...the 5-6 times that I have watched the ENTIRE series. Amazing how I missed that episode.

I would've thought I'd peaked before 60, but my accuracy and distance(400') both got a bit better this past year.
DGCR is still great for finding courses and reviews from trusted sources. Isn't that why it was started? (NOT for gasbagging and trolling)