• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Dynamic Discs peaked?

DD and Lat64 are not the same.

One is a manufacturing company founded in Sweden in 2005. They make their own discs and are the OG of the European market.
The other is an American retail company that pivoted to discs in 2012.

They are different in every imaginable way, except that Dynamic uses Latitude's production and distribution.

I know they are not the same but that the way that Dynamic Disc when they made discs later after some early molds being made by the own company, they used Latitude to help so the company could focus more on getting the rest of the company off the ground and able to do other things like sponsor tournaments at the top level and get sponsored players. Then the same was with the bags made for the company, and the carts for similar reasons, though the carts 99% so far are models also made with the Zuca name except the EZ cart. The Dynamic Disc company is not making items in house or having to find outside factories to make the bags or carts for the company then having to check up on the production or find other factories when the one they were using did a drop in quality big and also never recovered after a good while like 6 months to a year or so.

They used other companies factories and reputation to make the items designed by the company so they can focus more on other aspects like designing discs and bags for the companies or in the cart case just having name stamped into an existing brands models and then having one cart that the company made exclusively for Dynamic discs. To do this helps by using the reputation of others to get quicker into the market and allows the brand if making money to focus on other projects as I mentioned earlier as specific overhead costs are lowered.

They used other companies factories and reputation to make the items designed by the company so they can focus more on other aspects like designing discs and bags for the companies or in the cart case just having name stamped into an existing brands models and then having one cart that the company made exclusively for Dynamic discs. To do this helps by using the reputation of others to get quicker into the market and allows the brand if making money to focus on other projects as I mentioned earlier as specific overhead costs are lowered.

And the bad part about that plan is that they are at the mercy of the other companies. The quality and availability of their product is controlled by the other companies. That can end up being a poor plan. The other companies don't have DD's best interests in mind.

Also, all the Trilogy discs are designed by the same guy, Latitude 64's Tomas Ekström

It's pretty surprising how few Wardens are available not just on the DD site but on the usual vendor sites I frequent. For a putter that's one of their bread & butter molds, I would expect a huge selection of colors & plastics. I can't even find classic soft in a color other than hot pink.

I don't think DD really cares where their discs are made. Would not surprise me at all if Innova started making a line of DD discs in the future. DD has positioned itself more as a retailer than a manufacturer. My local DD has always sold other brands.

Just thought i would post a warning for any online buyers of the recent run of GLIMMER discs by Dynamic.

My pias got a shipment in and every mold in this plastic had a weird mini dome right in the middle of the disc. Idk if this is the norm but it looked and felt gross. I would def ask before buying if this bothers you.

I was showing someone a Truth/Verdict because they were out of Buzzz and noticed it...then saw it on all the molds...was strange

Just thought i would post a warning for any online buyers of the recent run of GLIMMER discs by Dynamic.

My pias got a shipment in and every mold in this plastic had a weird mini dome right in the middle of the disc. Idk if this is the norm but it looked and felt gross. I would def ask before buying if this bothers you.

I was showing someone a Truth/Verdict because they were out of Buzzz and noticed it...then saw it on all the molds...was strange

I saw some with that as well. Almost bought a Pure that did not have that issue, but for $30 decided to pass.

I had a Discraft Nuke once upon a time like that.... flew about 5x more OS than any Nuke OS I've ever thrown. Wish I hadn't lost it in the ocean being a dumbass... it was unique.

I picked up a Glimmer X Verdict, Emac Truth and Maverick... I haven't noticed anything off about them.... the ETruth flies exactly as expected.... love it.

I still would like to pick up the new Glimmer X Pure.

Sounds like Dynamic Discs is a little more favorable to interact than the other DD*, according to Kona and reading between the lines from Ricky. I have an open bag with more DD* than Trilogy.

Dave Dunipace

So where is the "has Innova peaked?" Thread at?

I'm excited to see DD make a splash. Never really understood the seemingly petty hatred of them. Maybe they insulted someone's mom and I missed that. Shrugs.

Latest posts