• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you ever played Ultimate?

Ultimate and Age

• I'm over 50 and played Ultimate

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • I'm over 50 and did not play Ultimate

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • I'm over 40 and played Ultimate

Votes: 15 8.5%
  • I'm over 40 and did not play Ultimate

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • I'm over 30 and played Ultimate

Votes: 41 23.3%
  • I'm over 30 and did not play Ultimate

Votes: 22 12.5%
  • I'm over 20 and played Ultimate

Votes: 38 21.6%
  • I'm over 20 and did not play Ultimate

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
On a tangent, I think the self-officiating aspect of ultimate is a joke. It is the sports equivalent of communism, works great in theory but poorly in practice due mostly to human nature.

I have found it works very well in the local leagues.

I mostly played pickup games with buddies in college. Also played intramurals with my scholarship program's team (holy crap was it a motley crew of unathletic people... when I'm the best athlete the team is in trouble). The intramurals ruined it for me, too many clowns in the lowest division took it way too seriously. We'd lose every game by double digits and there was always a handful of tools that though they were playing defense for coach K. You're up by 10 scores you don't have to swipe at my face and crotch from two feet away to play defense. Fun game though in general

Last edited:
I'm bored and a little curious. Have you ever played Ultimate Frisbee and how old are you?

I'll start, got PE credit for Ultimate in Granada hills, CA (1977-1978).

Never played and did not know much about it except from the film PCU. My friend's children (who thought disc golf and ultimate were the same thing years back) played a few years ago with friends of Joel Silver at Auldbrass Plantation and someone there told them Silver created the sport but they could not tell if it was a joke or not.

I played a lot of Ultimate in college. It was cheaper than disc golf (in terms of equipment required), included more people, and there were a lot more flat open fields available to us than there were disc golf courses.

... there was always a handful of tools that though they were playing defense for coach K. You're up by 10 scores you don't have to swipe at my face and crotch from two feet away to play defense. Fun game though in general

^+1. The hallmark of the great teams (back in the tube sock era) was tenacious defense and transitions. Great in the top tier leagues, but bogus in a recreational setting. I played both, and really enjoyed that game. Sign. It's tough being in my mid-to-late 50s...

^+1. The hallmark of the great teams (back in the tube sock era) was tenacious defense and transitions. Great in the top tier leagues, but bogus in a recreational setting. I played both, and really enjoyed that game. Sign. It's tough being in my mid-to-late 50s...

Yeah I wouldn't have had a problem with it in an advanced league. But in a "beer league" for all intents and purposes there is no place for that. Playing lacrosse and hockey didn't help my attitude about an overly zealous defender. If the guy guarding you is a jerk in those sports you take note of their number and clean their clock next time they get the ball (within the rules of course).

Last edited:

Latest posts