• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you thrown the Bolt?

My buddy picked one up the day they were available State-side.
Understable and somewhat sensitive. OAT will not work with this disc. Kinda flipped like a more stable Vision.
Nice 2011 Worlds stamp on sick looking plastic. :hfive:
But not for me... :|

Honestly it reminds me of the Vulcan. Both discs fly extremely far with little effort. I think if you need a nice tailwind driver for a pretty open field this would work. Gotta hyzer flip them a bit to keep them turning and burning though. And don't try to throw them at even close to full power if you're an experienced player.

There is an older thread about the disc for more information.

My buddy picked one up the day they were available State-side.
Understable and somewhat sensitive. OAT will not work with this disc. Kinda flipped like a more stable Vision.
Nice 2011 Worlds stamp on sick looking plastic. :hfive:
But not for me... :|

Have to second you on this one Snap, Not a thrower but I got one just for the stamp and its on that candy plastic.

i throw one and love it. Use it like you would a vision when you need the extra distance. I think it holds lines great with small fade at very end. Alot of glide also,,,almost seems like it has more glide than the numbers says it has.

Yup. Flippy with tons of glide. Can't wait to throw mine down a biiiiig hill and watch it pop up to flat and go 1000'.

So what's the difference between the bolt and the havoc? I thought the havoc was suppose to be more similar to the vulcan.

i have a bolt, havoc and vulcan, all 3 throw similar but different. ive also got a halo. the bolt has more high speed turn than my havoc. i like it for a 340-360' drive with a hyzer release and a steady left turn and holding that line without fading back right (LHBH). my havoc is a little more HSS with a touch more LSF, i use it for 380-400 (if im lucky) open bomb shots or 340-360 hyzers. ive owned 2 vulcans, and they were 2 completely different discs. the one i lost had a bit of a dome and was super flippy, i couldnt control it, the one i have now has a flat top and is real stable with very minimal HST and LSF (about 380' of power)(ive heard not many are like the one ive got now). I would place my bolt in the middle of those 2. Quite a bit of HST but once stabilizes its holds it line forever and only fades back if i get too much height. ive gotten some big D with the bolt on an open field (420' max) but it takes alot of room too make the full S curve it needs and if theres any headwind it wants to turn and dive into the ground. the halo is much more stable/overstable and requires more power or more of an anhyzer release the get the same D as the bolt. wondering how flippy the bolt will become after its worn in more

I personally think the Havoc throws more like a very seasoned Wraith. The Bolt is a LOT more understable. If you put anywhere near max power on the Bolt or Vulcan even on a hyzer flip, you're going to have a roller. The Havoc is a bit less understable than those. At least the one I have. The Bolt also has an odd lift to it when it's on its HSS. It seems to rise considerably more than most discs. Otherwise, I'd agree with Syko on his flight analyses of the 3 discs. I'm getting pretty solid distance out of the Vulcan and Bolt using putter approach shot power (i.e. not all that much.) Put a little more into it and both discs are getting out there. None of them are headwind discs. But with a tailwind, I think they could make a good addition to a bag. They're distance machines. You just have to be careful with them. I threw my Bolt on a 45degree angle with tailwind around 150-175 ft in the air to get around a tree and it still flipped at the top of the arc.

Honestly, both of these feel like the best shots I got out of a 168 pro katana...which I took out of the bag b/c there were way more bad shots with the pro katana. It just didn't seem very consistent for me, though I know some people love them.

I'm not sure which is going to stick in my bag but I'm pretty Feldberg'd up moldwise, so I'm going to keep them in until one of them gets completely squirrelly on me.

The King takes more effort to flip and has more fade than the Bolt. If you throw harder then the King is nice for that. If you don't typically prefer 12+ speed discs, I'd go with the Bolt. Though I did end up pulling the Bolt from my bag in favor of the Vulcan. Vulcan just seemed a bit more consistent. I also carry a King, which I like for FH and turnovers when I need more power. Otherwise, the Vulcan is just too damn easy to flip for some major distance. Sidewinder is still in the bag too for less LSS fade anny bombs.

Vision = RR or SW, Bolt = Vulcan. King just has a little more power requirement.

I've thrown a bolt and a king and the vulcan oh and the havoc. They are all low power disc. They were way to flippy for me. About the only good I got out of them was throwing them flat but snapping the hell out of them to get em to roll 550-650 feet. If you are a beginner or just don't have a whole lot of power this would be a great disc for you to hyzer flip for distance