• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Have you tried the Unlace

lol glad I am not the only person who couldn't get this thing to fly right at all.

The combination of speed and stability make it stupid hard to dial in with any power. Its truly a distance driver designed for people who cannot throw fast drivers and want that "easy d"

I could see this being popular with kids, older players or even someone who is handicapped and not able to get full ranges of motion.

That's it right there.

OK, so I was at the course today with people of all sorts of power. Finally saw this disc go far. The amount of hyzer this guy applied to it is something I just cannot do. It sailed. Maybe one day I'll figure it out. Not in the bag for States tomorrow.

It is the one driver i can pass 300 feet with on a consistent basis - like it was made for me. Mine is 166, and doesn't care for wind much. I'm still surprised how well you can finesse this disc and power it down. Never tried a Mamba, but wonder how similar they might be.

I'm 45, fat and out of shape. I throw consistently 350 +. I have, on occasion, pushed 450. I don't care for wide rimmed distance drivers and use fairway drivers primarily. I have a Lace and occasionally get it out and throw it, its okay. So, I thought I would give this thing a try. The only throw it didn't turn into a roller was at about 40-50% and then it wound up 325 out and 200 feet to the right. It not a disc for me. I will give it to one of my boys to play with. :\

I could see this being popular with kids, older players or even someone who is handicapped and not able to get full ranges of motion.

Is that all? What about a hunchback, with a gimpy leg and a lisp? Perhaps a quadriplegic with artificial limbs that makes funny clicking sounds?

Is that all? What about a hunchback, with a gimpy leg and a lisp? Perhaps a quadriplegic with artificial limbs that makes funny clicking sounds?

Stephen Hawking uses one. That's good enough for me.

I got a 170 Medium unLace for Xmas. I also like forehand for wide rimmed drivers ( I get about 325 on a perfect flat throw with a fairway rhbh just to provide insight to my level of play) Forehand with the unLace gives me some pretty nice s-shots, as does a Rhbh, very similar results to my Blizzard 133 Destroyer, I guess I don't have the arm speed yet for this to be a roller for me. The thing is that I rarely throw anything faster than my beast (star, pre-flight numbers.) except for certain circumstances.

The 175 firm I have might be flipping over right now in its box in the closet, it's that understable.