• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hawg's bag

hawgdriver

Eagle Member
I'm getting the bag squared away for an A-tier this weekend. Lots of trees in this one, and very little wide open bomber holes. Good chance raging mountain winds are a factor at some point. I'm going to throw a Berg FH on a ton for all the gap hits.

Staple BH game, light wind: (7)

3x Envy (up to about 350') slight variation in stability among the 3
3x Teebird (to about 400') slight variation in stability among the 3 (one of them is actually a Boatman, like a duck that thinks it's a chicken because it lives in a chicken coop)
Corvette (however far I'm able to throw it)

Staple FH game, light wind: (3)

Berg (to about 250')
Hex (to 300' ish)
Bohrium (as far as it goes)

Headwind & OS shaping game: (9)

2x Garrett Gurthie Halo Wraith, one for stiff headwinds, one for gusty winds
Draco
3x OLF-likes of decreasing weight:
[Getaway, 173g fusion burst
FX-2 400G, 168g
SOLF, 1.4 run, 163g]
Zone (Get Freaky C-Flx)
A2 (V-Mak 500)
Stego (Amber)

Standstill, US shaping, roller, and TW game: (5)

2x Essence
Paradox
Shryke 149g
Tursas

Here's my bag now.

Envy 1 - 174g eclipse fairly beat, thrown on 60% of all shots
Envy 2 - 162g neutron - great tailwind thrower. I reach or it sometimes.
Envy 3 - 173g electron super beat, is like a Tursas or Paradox but with a different high-speed and low-speed profile. I don't throw it as often as I probably should, but it takes reps. I can't take it out of the bag-- it's just different. But I don't throw it much.
Envy 4 - 165g electron very beat - tailwind Flippy type disc that rarely gets thrown.

Berg in the soft plastic, K1. - ****ed good disc especially on FH. Been going back to this one HARD these days, especially on 250 and in. I think maybe 25% of shots on my last round.

Stego 1 - super rubber type - it's beat and just does steg stuff but not as insane as

Steg 2 in the amber plastic. Love this disc, the ground play is more punishing than the rubber steg, but it does work

A2 - distance control and is like a Zone and Stego having a baby with features of both.

Zone - is Zone. I love this disc. I can't part with it.

Hex - local courses just aren't Hex courses. Maybe my favorite disc.

Tursas - so long for a mid. Great dang disc. Flies so darn well it makes me want to move to the forest.

Paradox - unique disc that I actually throw a lot. I use a two finger dart-throw grip when I throw it. Touch shots. Rad FH shots too. Excellent disc. Probably similar to Glitch.

Teebird 1 - magical red Teebird disc, it's sick AF. I actually am in awe of this one particular disc, you ever feel that way about a disc? I throw it so much.

Teebird 2 - metal flake MF DOOMBIRD. Beefy and deals with headsies better. Mad distance.

Draco - beef OS fairway

Corvette - G* bomber that bombs. On a pin that is 450 (flat or slightly uphill), I can reach it with this disc alone, that's my biggest stick.

Halo discs- 3

180g (shhh) GG wraith - dgaf about your HWs
175g beat GG wraith - staple HW safety disc
175g halo Destroyer - HW distance penetrator

Bohrium - FH bomber (400+ bruv, it has an extra gear I SWEAR) but it's sorta flippy, the angle is touchy but not extremely so

149g G* Shryke - tailwind or elevated tee distance PR disc. I've thrown it over 600' but from high to low. The idea is disc=kite.

That's what I throw. I took the Gila out of the bag :'(

I love all of these discs HARD.

I just don't reach for the Essence as much.

That might be incorrect. Essence is a standstill guru disc. But it doesn't have enough utility vs red magic Teebird and the other US drivers.

Latest posts