• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hawk vs Mako vs Buzzz

A mako flies like a beat in roc out of the box for me, nothing like a buzzz. A buzzz can handle wind a bit better than a mako too. Never thrown a hawk so I'm out on that.

Ok, Here's MY take.

Discraft Hawk - 0 disc, flies at the angle you throw it; Moderately Low profile; Good Speed, Good-Avg Glide. Pro D plastic...can get beat, and turn into a more stable/understable thrower.
Discraft Buzzz - 0.5 disc, flies straight at high speed, predictable fade at low speed; Low Profile; Good Speed (can be fast or slow depending on snap) Avg Glide: Available in MANY plastics and weights and is one of the more common discs to find
Innova Mako - 0 disc, flies pretty much straight at all times, takes angle you throw; Medium Profile, Good for Putts and Mids alike; Avg Speed; High Glide: Available in a couple plastics.

How I see it, because I've thrown all of them

I would use the Buzzz for a longer faster mid shot...it can handle more snap and is accurate with a good throw. It has a very predictable fade...For shaping or trying to hyzer flip, etc. Its great for that.

I would use the Hawk for a similar shot but not as far, because I'd want to have control and not flip it over...Maybe a anhyzer shot.

I like the mako for long putts and straight mids that need lower speed than the other two, but niiiice glide. Good for those small angled straight shots so ...yeah

Basically It's preference. BUT, I find a spot for my MAKO and my BUZZZ in the same bag for any course...basically Buzzz for longer faster shots in comparison to the MAKO

ALL good discs.
I like the Mako a lot and the Buzzz

use em

The Hawk is a bit faster and more overstable than a Buzzz. For me it lacks some glide and is not as long as a Buzzz. Both of them are pretty good low line drive kinda midranges. I really didn't throw the Mako enough to know the subtle nuances of its flight. It seemed like you could throw it higher than a Buzzz.

they do have champ sharks. and i love makos. not sure i understand handling less snap then a buzz i can sling a mako well over 350. i like buzzes but a mako is where its at! you throw it where you want it to go. and it goes there. anhyzer made simple.====mako!

My first disc was the Hawk. I just bought a new one. There will be a place in my bag for my Buzzz and my Hawk. I use the Buzz for longer aproaches, and the Hawk for the any lay-up or shot that I want to just sit next to the basket. I LOVE my Hawk and use it more than regularly. Never thorwn a Mako though.

Love my mako, its a 162. Flies nice and straight with just a tiny bit of s curve to it. Can't comment on the buzzz, just bought one a few days ago and I haven't gotten to use it much.

I find myself putting quite a bit with my mako.

Latest posts