• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Headin to Orlando, what should I play?

neocenturion

I'm going to be in Orlando for work end of Nov/beginning of Dec and again in Jan/Feb. Any recommendations for courses in the area? I checked the directory and there don't seem to be tons. Are any of them very good, or are there others that are a bit of a drive that would be worth visiting?

Or if anybody is down to give me a tour (never been to Florida) that would be awesome as well.

Turkey Lake has 2 18-hole courses in a gated park. Both fun, the old one of moderate challenge (depending on your skill level), the new course a bit more challenging.

Both have 9-hole loops to the parking lot, so mix-&-match any part of 4 9-hole loops.

Park is gated so you don't have a lot of non-golfers to deal with. Peaceful, a rare qualilty in Orlando.

BUT it is pay-to-play (admission to the park), and they lock the gates pretty early---when I was last there in winter, at 5:00, and they mean it.

Both courses at Turkey Lake and both courses at Barnett Park are certainly worth playing. I like T2 the best of the bunch, but all are worthwhile outings and great examples of Florida DG. You should check out the reviews of all four for more info - just sort by most helpful to make sure you get the ones that are worth reading, and will actually tell you something useful.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=98
Daytona s not far and damn this place looks cool to me

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1635&mode=ci
a little north but looks worth it as well

I started playing in Orlando at the original UCF course(more extinct and better then the current extinct course). Then moved up to barnett and loved the north course. Both the courses above are nice if you have the time and are willing to make a drive, but with both turkey lake and barnett having two 18s you don't really need to. Two other close enough courses IMO worth a look are River City Nature Park in Debary(9 hole), and F burton off 520 on the way to cocoa beach.