• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Help make a better Wizard

What I want is a run of stupid overstable Wizards, so I can have a nice utility Wizard for major headwinds and throws where I need it to fade really hard. I also want Gateway to start running Wizards in a Champion/Opto type plastic.

Ever try an Evo Wizard?

Are people aware of how old the original content of this post is?
Gateway mixes and blends different plastics every time they do a run. That's why they aren't consistent, that's why there are so many great blends. The OP just got excited when he was included in the brainstorming session for 1 g9 run.

Gateway mixes and blends different plastics every time they do a run. That's why they aren't consistent, that's why there are so many great blends. The OP just got excited when he was included in the brainstorming session for 1 g9 run.

yup. bringing the propaganda train up to steam. it's time for some new wizards.

Yep, there's no reason to continue discussing this now since there are no more G9i Wizards and they won't make any more.

At the time Dave did ask for input and he asked for me to ask those questions here on the forum. He really did want to get input from as many people as possible.

Ever try an Evo Wizard?

Evo Wizards are flippier then other Wizards out of the box, and they are (for the most part) a Star type blend of plastic. That does not fit either of the criteria for what I would like to see in some future runs of Wizards.

Evo Wizards are flippier then other Wizards out of the box, and they are (for the most part) a Star type blend of plastic. That does not fit either of the criteria for what I would like to see in some future runs of Wizards.

You must have different Evo Wizards from me.

But really, even the really stable Evo Wizards get tossed around by the wind if it gets heavy enough. Would be nice to see Gateway make an overstable putter.

I just gave away (essentially) two wizards to some newer players. These guys were fresh out of the box and only had two discs between them (both drivers). They gave me a few bucks and I gave them four discs. It is nice to see people enjoy the sport and get that addictions. Anyways, since I am going to have to replace my driving wizard, do you know if they ever made any stiff Evos?

i think there are some old evo glow wizards that are pretty stiff. but they felt more like nice kc pro hard plastic. i don't remember how stiff they were and i think they were small circle tooled too.

I would absolutely love a step up in durability from their base line. I think a plastic that was designed to be more of a driving wizard than a putting wizard would be awesome. I think blending it with a softer addictive and Evo would be a great idea. I like a slightly softer putter for driving than i do for putting so something that was like a firm SS or a soft S in terms of flex would be awesome.

I had a milky white firm evo wiz that was awesome, unfortunately I lost it. I'd call it something close to a white champystar blend...beefy gor a wiz but still had glide. I could throw it just as far as my main driving wizard, where the main driver had no fade but the evo still faded out.

But I agree, Dave really needs an overstable putter.

I'll agree here. Even a fresh with with a decent fade is hard to find. They're all just so damn straight and reliable. Need some beef Dave!!

Considering how many beefy discs Gateway has in the driver and midrange categories, it's kind of odd they didn't follow suit with a putter.

...do you know if they ever made any stiff Evos?

I have some pretty stiff Evo Wizards that seem to have a lot of champ-type plastic blended into them. They look like the opaque champ plastic from Innova. I think they ran a batch of 10 as a test before running the current lime green star-like soft Evos.

I wonder if Gateway is cautious about making discs too stiff now that PDGA is watching them after the G9i deal.

Considering how many beefy discs Gateway has in the driver and midrange categories, it's kind of odd they didn't follow suit with a putter.

Very true. I emailed Dave a while back and asked if they had any new molds planned and he told me there was several that he was considering. He did tell me that he was debating on getting a new putter top that could create 4 new molds. I'm thinking new top with wizard bottom couuuuuuuld mean a rhyno esque disc? That would be sick. Who knows if he was fluffing me.

Screw it, I'll text him about it ;)

I figured shape wise if they did an overstable putter it'd be more like a VP than anything.