• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help plan my Flip Trip!

Guess I am surprised a little. I've always had great experiences camping at state parks and I assumed Ludington would be similar. Sooooo I would take the advice of those above since I've never camped at that particular park.

yalls prices were steep at sp camping in mi plus i think you need that rec pass too

so for an out of stater its just cheaper all around to look elsewhere

im only speaking for tent camping (which i do primitive camping so i dont need any amenities at all so for other needs the results may be different)

Camping at Ludington is fine but not as convenient as MaCo. MaCo camping setup is a course bagger's dream while the primitive camping at Ludington SP is a bit of a hike in and out.

im only speaking for tent camping (which i do primitive camping so i dont need any amenities at all so for other needs the results may be different)

The huge secret around these West Michigan parts is Nordhouse Dunes. It's just north of Ludington, south of Manistee, and is a National Forest. It has free primitive camping throughout it's location and is still close to all the great disc golf in the area.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/hmnf/recarea/?recid=18770

It's been a little while, but we always stayed at a little private campground when we were in Ludington called Buttersville. always had a good time there.

The huge secret around these West Michigan parts is Nordhouse Dunes. It's just north of Ludington, south of Manistee, and is a National Forest. It has free primitive camping throughout it's location and is still close to all the great disc golf in the area.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/hmnf/recarea/?recid=18770

mate

where were you when i was scouring the dregs of the internet to find free camping around michigan

i knew you locals were holdin out on me

I love golf and dunes. You planned your trip very interestingly. I will definitely write down the sequence of places you visited in my notebook. I recently returned from a similar trip. But in fact, I want to note that you need to be prepared for the heat. About 38-40 degrees Celsius. It was difficult to play in such conditions. Then I met a guy on one site who was there and asked him how he copes with such heat. He recommended carrying a canopy tent with you. I went through the source and actually understood how it would help me. He lent me this tent and I spent the rest of my vacation in comfort, because I could sit in a chair, hiding from the sun, and drink lemonade. That's cool!

Forgot to mention that when I got home I immediately found a source to purchase a similar tent. Now I use it everywhere, both on the courts and at home in the yard, if I'm grilling meat and it's raining. This is a very useful thing. I wish the participants of the forum mowed fields, and 100 percent hitting the hole.

Last edited:

Latest posts