• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Herb's 2019 ITB

I love all the notes and details. I'm going to play states at pueblo and widefield. Let me know if you want to throw before. Live in Greeley. Widefield is one if my favorite courses to play. I always play clash at the creek too. Dont know if you're in the tourney game big this year, but highplains is always a blast.

Thanks man, I do geek out a bit much with all the notes, but it's really been helping me so far. I'll shoot you a pm with my cell #, would definitely be down to throw before states this year. That's one of the events I'm set on playing later this season (I live like 5-10 minutes away from Widefield Park).

Bag Since I started keeping track of putts as separate from Omega throws, started in late March (in order from most to least thrown):

1.Pig (R-Pro)- 140 throws. 27.6% of throws
2.Omega (DT & Gummy Quantum)- 77 throws & 490 putts (567 total). 15.2 % of throws (56.8% total w/ putts)
3.Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 70 throws. 13.8% of throws
4.Polecat (XT)- 61 throws. 12% of throws
5.OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 39 throws. 7.7% of throws
6.Xcal (PFN Star)- 37 throws. 7.3% of throws
7.*Roc (Dx & KC Pro)- 17 throws. 3.3% of throws (*all midrange Buzzz/QMS/Roc combined at 34 throws. 6.7% of throws)
8.Roadrunner (Star)- 32 throws. 6.3% of throws
9.Wraith (Pro)- 18 throws. 3.5% of throws

After SD pointed out how often the Omegas were being thrown counting putts, I decided to keep tally of every time I'm running a putt on the course. I will ignore anytime I deliberately lay up from inside circle 1 or 2 though in my calculation of putts. This way I get a true idea what was a putt versus a throw when looking at my Omega totals. I counted the one round I've played since last update and all my rounds since beginning to count putts as separate from throws.

A few things stand out immediately, first of all, I need to throw the OLF more. The Roadrunner and especially my beat Sexton Firebird have taken many shots away from my OLFs. There are several holes where I used to throw OLF all the time that have become Firebird or Roadrunner tee shots. If I'm going to bag 3 of them, I might as well use them as a workhorse driver or drop down to 2 of them. My game will improve if I practice hitting lines with my OLFs instead of playing safe shots with my Sexton. No surprise here that the Pig is my most thrown mold, once I stopped counting putts as throws, its clear how much I lean on them. Some of the shots I'm where I'm using a Polecat should go to an Omega. I have to make sure that I'm able to execute shots with my Omegas, practicing with them will help instead of throwing the Polecat all the time. The Polecat is here to stay, but if I'm playing and care about my score, I shouldn't force it into my game just because its fun to throw. I usually don't count the strokes for rounds where I'm completely dicking around.

I also noticed an odd conundrum with my Wraiths. At the start of the year I had 4 in the bag, and used them for all distance shots. Then I tried out an old Xcaliber again and realized I could add 25-50' onto my FH. I took out my bomber Wraiths and now only bag one flippy and one beefy Pro Wraith. The Wraith is such a versatile mold for me both BH and FH, yet I barely ever throw them anymore. I could still easily bag 3 of them but I barely ever throw them anymore, I threw them less than Rocs which have barely been in my bag 2 weeks. So it would be stupid to carry 3 copies of a mold you might throw twice in a round, maybe 3 times tops.

Wound up snagging a stack of X out glow DX and KC Rocs from Marshall Street this week. Will be nice to try out a fresh stable Roc at max weight. Worst case scenario if they don't hold up to strong headwinds I can add in a Taurus with 2-3 DX or KC. Looking forward to getting some good practice in on the field and at Cumberland with these bad boys now that the spring semester is about to end. Maybe I should get back to studying, hooray procrastination!

Bag Since Last Update (4 rounds):

I've been playing pretty well for the past couple of weeks, even the rounds that don't feel good at the time are scoring well once its all said and done. Once I get these Rocs a bit more dialed in my game is going to get even better. I already throw them much more consistently than I did with the Buzzz, but its going to take some time to get used to throwing with appropriate height for the Rocs on every shot. The Buzzz just needed to be thrown hard and low like a fairway, but I will take some more time to adjust to the height requirements of some Roc shots. I'm already close to figuring them out, but that will come in due time. The small stack of Buzzz will most likely be getting sold (I will hang on to one or two, but Rocs are getting the rest of 2019 in my bag).

1x Polecat (XT)- 12 throws. Polecat things. I threw this a bunch today, in fact one of the better players on my card mentioned how I throw it for pretty much all my upshots. The Polecat kept me inside 20 feet all day even when I flubbed a couple shots with it.
3x Omega (DT & Gummy Quantum)- 108 total throws (98 putts). Main putter in the circle and off the tee. Other than one round, I had the putter working well all week, a couple rounds where I was 100% from circle 1, which never happens for me.
2x Pig (R-Pro & Wysocki Signature Pro)- 22 throws. Pig things. The New Ricky Pig is a much stiffer blend of the Pro than the normal factory store Pro Pigs. Almost like the couple of PFN Pro Pigs I have on the shelf. I haven't thrown it enough to make any definitive statements about it, but seems like a standard Pig in harder plastic. Not quite KC Pro or anything
4x Roc (DX, KC Pro & Star Rancho)- 16 throws. Workhorse midrange. I found several Star Rancho Rocs that don't have circus tent domes on them and bought myself a pair. May is going to be dedicated to dialing in my Roc cycle, these star will hopefully be an OS bookend. I need to beat on into a better turnover disc, as my most flippy Roc is still very straight. Shouldn't be too hard to beat in the new stack of glow DX I got last week, plus the extra Roc practice will only help me to throw them better in the future.
2x Roadrunner (Star)- 3 throws. US utility mold of choice. The Rocs have been getting most of my old Roadrunner shots, this could be a mold where I drop to one in the bag.
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 10 throws. Workhorse fairway/ control drivers. I've been trying to use these for more shots where I would typically throw a Firebird. I feel like it will help my game to hit harder lines with an OLF, rather than play safe shots all the time with my FB. I can always get more conservative if I'm gambling or in a tournament, but I feel like this should be a good idea for the long term.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 15 throws. OS Utility mold of choice. I have one of the recent flat pearly runs bagged as my stable FB now, and feel it complements the two Sextons better. I really like how these three work together.
2x Wraith (Pro)- 3 throws. BH max distance, situational distance FH shots.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 8 throws. FH max distance, never BH.

More accurate stats reflecting the time period when I started throwing Rocs: (15 rounds)

1.Pig- 95 throws. 24.55% of throws
2.Firebird- 54 throws. 13.95% of throws
3.(tie).Roc- 47 throws. 12.14% of throws
3.(tie).Polecat- 47 throws. 12.14% of throws
5.Omega- 45 throws & 386 putts (431 total). 11.63 % of throws
6.Xcal- 35 throws. 9.04% of throws
7.OLF- 34 throws. 8.79% of throws
8.Roadrunner- 16 throws. 4.13% of throws
9.Wraith- 14 throws. 3.62% of throws

A couple new developments come to light with this better set of data. It was misleading to incorporate a set of data where I didn't throw the Roc for half of that time. I clearly am throwing the Rocs more than previously indicated. My volume Roc throws may tail off in the future, but for right now I am really putting them through the paces. I'm starting getting the hang of how they want to fly on various lines, after coming off a long period of using Buzzz like mids. The Polecat is going to stay a prominent disc in my lineup, I am really trusting it for many upshots, no sense trying to change that if its working. The round at Pueblo really skewed the numbers in favor of my Xcal. I suspect the Xcal and Roc percentages will drop, and my OLF will be getting more work in the upcoming months. However, once I really dial in the Rocs I may just start throwing them even more.

Pretty mediocre weekend of golf for me at league, even though it was fairly windy the past couple days. The Pig and Firebird got some extra work in, I feel like I barely threw any of my other discs. My scores were not too bad at the end of the day, but both league rounds I wasted at least 3 strokes each time with just terrible circle 1 putting. I did save my worst for the casual round I played between the two league days, first time I've been over par in nearly a month at any course. I guess that's a good sign that I'm getting better everywhere (except for on the green apparently). Last month of school was quite busy for me, and I'll need to be better about sticking with my putting practice.

Bag Since Last Update (3 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 9 throws. Polecat things.
3x Omega (DT & Gummy Quantum)- 79 total throws (72 putts). Main putter in the circle and off the tee.
2x Pig (R-Pro, Wysocki Signature Pro)- 37 throws. Pig things.
3x Roc (Dx & KC Pro)- 3 throws. Workhorse midrange.
2x Roadrunner (Star)- 1 throws. US utility mold of choice
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF & 1.3 MOLF)- 7 throws. Workhorse fairway/ control drivers.
3x Firebird (Champion & 2018 Sexton)- 19 throws. OS Utility mold of choice.
2x Wraith (Pro)- 4 throws. BH max distance, situational distance FH shots.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 5 throws. FH max distance, never BH.

Bag Since Last Update (2 rounds recorded):

Took a nice vacation on down to Austin the past week, but only got to play a couple of times due to a back injury. I had a great time playing a tag match down at Flying Armadillo despite playing terribly. Note to self, take a couple whale sacs on down to Texas during the heat (grip was a serious issue both rounds). I did finally pop my cherry on the Gold Course, got aces the lighthouse (11) and hanging basket (16) holes in the same round. Here's the stats from my last two rounds before leaving Colorado.

1x Polecat (XT)- 4 throws. Polecat things.
3x Omega (DT & Gummy Quantum)- 57 total throws (52 putts). Main putter in the circle and off the tee.
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 16 throws. Pig things.
3x Roc (Dx & KC Pro)- 3 throws. Workhorse midrange.
2x Roadrunner (Star)- 2 throws. US utility mold of choice
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 5 throws. Workhorse fairway/ control drivers.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 10 throws. OS Utility mold of choice.
2x Wraith (Pro)- 1 throw. BH max distance, situational distance FH shots.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 4 throws. FH max distance, never BH.

I intend to use most of June as a month to train my BH shot shaping abilities. My BH power is steadily increasing, but I need to focus more on keeping the nose down and throwing flatter shots. This part of my game is really holding me back, I have issues when a tight BH teeshot has a low ceiling. I'll often just try and blast a FH low with something stable through the gap. While, I make that approach work well most of the time, I often have to settle for an easy par, when a decent BH could get me a reasonable look at birdie. Tournament season will start to ramp up for me in July/August, and I'd like to be competitive in MA1 instead of merely treading water. A more reliable BH game would be a good tool to have going forward.

Bag Since Last Update (5 rounds):

1x Polecat (R-Pro)- 21 throws. Props to Moose for hooking up an old R-Pro Polecat, been loving the disc so far. Even more glide than the XT and only slightly more flippy.
3x Omega (DT, ET, & Gummy Quantum)- 135 total throws (122 putts). Main putter in the circle and off the tee.
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 43 throws. Breaking in my last white R-Pro, let's try not to lose this one.
4x Roc (DX, KC Pro, & Star Rancho)- 24 throws. Still waiting to beat one into a good turnover Roc. Something where I can release it flat and the disc will turn itself would be perfect. Patience and more practice throws will eventually get me a good turnover Roc. Playing at altitude doesn't do me any favors.
2x Roadrunner (Star)- 9 throws. I really trust these in tailwinds, they are starting to eat into Wraith shots, if conditions are right.
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 17 throws. Swapped out my 1.1 MOLF for a 1.2, which is still just as flippy. I'll have to grab some backups of either run. Once I have a few more stocked up, I won't have to worry about losing the few I currently have. I could use some 1.3s too, moral of the story is I should stock up on MOLFs again.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 21 throws. The new embossed, flat & pearly run is great. I have to try and snag a few extras of this run as well. They are all the beef I'll ever need in a Firebird, but still have some distance potential. This is a money run for FH rollers, grenades, tomahawks, etc... Starting to regret not buying them all while I was at Disc Nation a couple weeks ago.
2x Wraith (Pro)- 5 throws. Oddly the pop top Wraith is more stable than my Xcal, so it gets headwind and flexshot duty FH. The flatter of the two is a paper plate in comparison, but a great BH distance driver.
1x Xcal (PFN Star)- 6 throws. I'll go back to carrying two for tournaments, but unless I want to practice distance FH lines, one should be enough for casual rounds and league.

First week of extra emphasis on BH teeshots has gone pretty well so far. I am finding myself throwing the Rocs, Roadrunners, and OLFs on the majority of my drives BH. I'll still play upshots with the most appropriate line, but I am trying to limit myself to no more than 3 or 4 FH teeshots in a round. Once I get more comfortable throwing decent anhyzer shots then I can scale back FH even further. However, I will need to keep throwing several FH off the tee here and there, so I don't lose my touch while completely neglecting my FH. I have my next tournament mid July at my home course, Widefield, so I'll probably play tag matches there as normal. Otherwise I plan on really drilling better habits with my BH on all other rounds. Early morning summer classes should allow me to play Cottonwood often this summer, which will help my shot shaping.

1x Polecat (R-Pro)- 23 throws.
3x Omega (DT, ET, & Gummy Quantum)- 112 total throws (104 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 18 throws.
5x Roc (DX, KC Pro, & Star Rancho)- 19 throws.
1x Roadrunner (Star)- 10 throws.
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 17 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 10 throws.
2x Wraith (Pro)- 3 throws.
1x Xcal (PFN Star)- 5 throws.

I wound up losing my flippiest Roadrunner, which is a shame because I don't have a backup. I'll probably go with just one roadrunner for the next couple weeks. Also tempted to pull out my flippy Wraith for another Orion, since I can get within about 10-20' of my max BH distance using my OLFs. The pop top Wraith would still stay. Once my BH power increases some more the Wraiths will be more useful. I also got a nicely beat in DX Roc from GGGT that seems to be my most US Roc straightaway. Only have a handful of throws with it, so further testing is required to confirm. 5 Rocs will be trimmed back down to 4 eventually once I settle on my most OS bookend. I still need to try a Taurus in that role, I'd rather not start chasing after Sannny Q Sentinels.

I also started to reread some of Rotella's book again, especially the chapter on practicing. He describes the training mentality versus the trusting mentality. Its a really good observation, I have to switch the a more trusting mindset in the couple weeks before my next tournament. So I'll likely start to slowly throw more FH dominant rounds again in a week or 10 days. Just trust a line I know that I'm capable of executing and commit to the shot.

Last edited:

1x Polecat (R-Pro)- 8 throws.
3x Omega (DT, ET, & Gummy Quantum)- 86 total throws (80 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 23 throws.
5x Roc (DX, KC Pro, & Star Rancho)- 6 throws.
1x Roadrunner (Star)- 4 throws.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 10 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 18 throws.
1x Wraith (Pro)- 1 throws.
1x Xcal (PFN Star)- 7 throws.

Starting today, I am transitioning from a BH training intensive regimen to one where I just step up to the tee and play whatever I'm most comfortable with. With my first tournament in MA1 coming up in a couple weeks, I want to make sure I head into the event full of confidence. I have definitely improved my BH game over the past 3-4 weeks, but I need to practice scoring well again by playing intelligently. One of the main points in Golf is Not a Game of Perfect is that you should have a cocky swing & a conservative game plan. In other words, attempts shot you know you can execute and don't fear the potential consequences if you miss. This encourages you to only go for holes you know that you have a good chance to birdie, otherwise you play for a safe par. Now that I have improved my BH, I can run more holes than before, but I won't try to bird a hole that is beyond my talent level in tournament play. The next two weeks I need to spend extra time on my practice basket, so that I am comfortable playing for safe pars.

My putting has been neglected over the past month and a half, which has been reflected in my higher than normal scores since returning from Texas. More discipline off the tee, and more dedication to a putting regimen will pay off in the long run. I'd really like to get on the top card for this next event, second round. I have the talent to do so, I just have to maintain the mental discipline to execute. I'll be fine with placing top 50% this next event, but seeing who my competition will be, there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to compete for the win at my home course (No disrespect to the guys I'm playing against, but I have beat them all several times during tag matches before). However, if I want to stand a chance, I really have to get my putting game sorted.

1x Polecat (R-Pro)- 9 throws.
3x Omega (DT, ET, & Gummy Quantum)- 120 total throws (100 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 28 throws.
5x Roc (DX, KC Pro, & Star Rancho)- 12 throws.
1x Roadrunner (Star)- 10 throws.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 7 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 14 throws.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 6 throws.

I wound up pulling the Wraith from my bag this past week. Wound up losing my pop top OS Wraith last week, and I'd taken out the flippy Wraith to make room for an extra OLF. I don't usually throw the flippy Wraith much farther than the OLFs on BH shots, other than the occasional throw. I'd rather force myself to throw farther with my OLFs on BH shots than keep an extra disc for an extra 15-20' of distance. There's really only one hole where I miss the Wraiths in town, so they may stay out of the bag for quite a while. I also need to pull one of my 1.1 SOLFs for another beat OLF thrower, since its that time of the year for long grass.

Last edited:

1x Polecat (XT)- 12 throws.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 145 total throws (130 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 15 throws.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 10 throws.
1x Roadrunner (Star)- 4 throws.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 29 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 25 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 14 throws.

This will be my bag for the upcoming tournament next Saturday. The course (Widefield) is set up in a very scorable layout for the event, the winning score should be fairly low.

I've added in my super OS Xcal to replace the pop top Wraith I lost a week ago, its more beefy but should work as a good sunstitute. I feel like the Wraith will continue to sit on the sidelines until my BH distance improves a bit more. Hopefully by this time next year, I'll be able to use them more effectively than I can now.

I also slimmed down the Roc selection by removing my Star Rancho. I need more throws under my belt with that one before trusting it in a tournament. My fresh KC is overstable enough for most situations, and that star doesn't have much more fade. It may be time to look into a couple Champ Roc throwers for my OS bookend. I'll just power down on an OLF or power up a Pig if I need something more beefy than the fresh KC for the time being.

1.Pig- 260 throws. 26.29% of throws
2.Firebird- 146 throws. 14.76% of throws
3.Polecat- 121 throws. 12.23% of throws
4.Roc- 114 throws. 11.53% of throws
5.Omega- 104 throws & 916 putts (1020 total). 10.52% of throws
6.OLF- 97 throws. 9.81% of throws
7.Xcal- 68 throws. 6.88% of throws
8.Roadrunner- 52 throws. 5.26% of throws
9.Wraith- 27 throws. 2.73% of throws

Total stats before I decided to remove the Wraith, I feel like the dwindling number of Wraith shots justify the move. Those shots are now split fairly evenly between my OLFs and Xcals. The last couple updates are not reflected in these numbers. I'll tally these numbers again once tournament season is over, as my bag is pretty set on molds for the rest of the year.

Bag Since Last Update (6 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 13 throws.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 184 total throws (148 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 24 throws.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 7 throws.
1x Roadrunner (Star)- 9 throws.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 26 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 30 throws.
3x Xcal (PFN Star & Star)- 12 throws.

I played my first tournament up in MA1 earlier today at Widefield, shot -2 for the day & wound up taking 5th out of 13. They had the course set up in a very scorable layout, but I was pretty much stuck in neutral all day. I wound up having to throw the Omega on a bunch of upshots due to bad drives, way more than I expect to throw in a normal round. Luckily, I was able to save a bunch of pars with them so that helped out. Although when you can't get off the tee on half the holes it really limits your chances of stringing a few birdies together. I was glad to see that even without my A game I was pretty competitive in advanced.

I'm too lazy to look... How do you tally all your shots?

I'll typically do it by hand after getting home from golfing, but you could always write it down on your scorecard or little notebook as you play. I don't want to bother with tracking the discs during the round, so I just grab a beer and write it all down after the round. Helps to see what shots you are needing to practice, and what discs you are barely ever using.

1x Polecat (XT)- 8 throws. Finally starting to dial back the amount of Polecat upshots from before. There are plenty of times where my Omegas are more appropriate for the shot but I throw Polecat anyways. I'll score better if I have the discipline to throw the Omega more often.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 162 total throws (131 putts). I've really been leaning on a fresh Lunar SS for my main thrower the past 2-3 weeks. Throwing these for more upshots is paying dividends.
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 31 throws. Don't leave home without one.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 12 throws. I need to practice more with my flippy DX Roc. I throw the other 3 (Fresh KC, Seasoned KC, Straight DX) much more and it shows. Once I learn it better I'll have so many more lines open up on the course.
1x Roadrunner (Star)- 8 throws. My least thrown disc, but probably one of my favorites to throw.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 11 throws. So versatile
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 14 throws. My most beat Sexton is getting nice and straight, almost like a Thunderbird. That one steals plenty of OLF shots.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 14 throws. I played a round in Pueblo that had 9 of the Xcal shots. Otherwise, I've not used it too much the past week.

I have my next tournament coming up this Sunday at Aviary, will be playing MA1 again. I plan on staying up in advanced for the rest of this year at the very least. There's no rush for me to try and jump up to MPO, and I'd feel like a sandbagger staying down in MA2. Hopefully I can close the skill gap over the next couple years, but I feel like the jump from MA1 to MPO is much greater than from MA2 to MA1. I'm currently swamped with schoolwork, so I won't be able to get out and practice the layout much if at all before the event. That shouldn't be an issue on a course I play so often, but its nice to come up with a game plan for each hole in advance. The less decisions you have to make on the fly the better during tournament golf.

Bag Since Last Update (5 rounds, including Rocky Mtn. State Games):

1x Polecat (XT)- 9 throws. Threw it once today and almost cashed in a 100 footer but hit cage. I just trust the Omega a bit more now for many upshot where I'm laying up instead of running a safe but long bid. Polecats come out when I'm feeling froggy now.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 156 total throws (132 putts). These have been treating me well this year. I'll probably break out a new pair of DT from the practice pile and rotate them into my bag for a while. My two current DT have been going strong since I bought them off Streets early last year. Thanks Streets:thmbup:
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 32 throws. These really get a chance to shine when Aviary is in a shorter layout, today it was shorter than it has been in a very long time.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 16 throws. Lost my seasoned KC on a foolish ace run at the tournament today. Missed the ace, hit the creek and took a 4:doh:.
1x Roadrunner (Star)- 4 throws. Unfortunately I also lost two Roadrunners on consecutive days right before the tournament, so I was forced to go without them today. Time to order more Star Roadrunners both new and used.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 9 throws. Aviary in the short layout doesn't leave much room for many OLF shots.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 17 throws. My Firebirds really came through for me today, they got me 5 birdies off 8 tee shots. The three others were all within comfortable jump putt range to boot.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 9 throws. Instant Distance!

I played Rocky Mountain State Games today, another C tier at Aviary. This one is a small tournament every year, MA1 only had 6 competitors today. What an odd tournament, I played very solid golf all day, finishing at -11 and wound up 4th of 6. My score would have been good for 3rd of 6 up in Open, as the advanced field posted better scores than the open field across the board. So even though I feel like I played well enough to compete for a win, I managed to finish bottom half of the field. Small sample sizes do strange things sometimes and I'm not upset with my day. My rating should continue its climb on the next update. It was a strangely short layout, but I was pretty happy with my play despite the low finish.

Last edited:

1x Polecat (XT)- 1 throw.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 99 total throws (84 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro)- 19 throws.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 4 throws.
1x Roadrunner (Champion)- 4 throws.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 10 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 11 throws.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 6 throws.

I played a couple fairly frustrating rounds today despite scoring very well both times. I really had a special day off the teepads, but couldn't convert much of anything in the circle. I was almost better off laying up to circle 2 all day, as my pitiful circle 1x percentage kept me from setting a PR on both Aviary and Cottonwood today (I missed 4 laughable 15-20 footers at Cottonwood alone, which isn't normal). Kind of an annoying development, because at my last tourney I only missed one putt inside the circle but couldn't hit a jump putt if my life depended on it. On the bright side, I finally aced a hole at Cottonwood today, getting #6 short. Hole 6 is probably the easiest one to get on the course, threw a soft Pig RHBH and thought it was in right out of my hand.

Bag Since Last Update (7 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 13 throws.
4x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 226 total throws (195 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro & Pro Wysocki Signature)- 43 throws.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 24 throws.
1x Roadrunner (Champion)- 10 throws.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 20 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 22 throws.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 19 throws.

Finally made it out to Elizabeth, CO to play a couple rounds at Prickly Pines today. I highly recommend that course if your are passing through. I don't really plan on playing in any more tournaments until October, but might wind up playing States if room opens up in MA1. Since I'll probably have a couple months off from tourneys, I've added an Aries to the bag for ****s & giggles. So far I am really liking it, but they really aren't all that much different than a really beat in Wraith. Maybe I'll sneak the Wraiths back into my back earlier than expected, since I'm getting some good distance with the OLFs and Aries BH now. I'll probably hold off until winter, but if my distance keeps increasing I may want them back in sooner.