• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 09/20/12: Lake Olmstead Park in Augusta, GA

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Lake Olmstead Park
in Augusta, GA
Rating – 3.53

19 Reviews

Hole #5
Par 3, 405'

No Hole Details or Hole Tips

Hole #5 Tee
17c9360d.jpg

Map
aac62f70.gif

No other pictures.

:hfive:

I can't reach 405 in an open field and definitely not with all these trees around. I'll go with the Ibex twice to get into putting range.

Great course. Not the most scenic hole on the course, but still a good one.

I dueced this hole both rounds at the 06 worlds throwing a flippy RHBH Orc with hyzer. It set up good for a hzyer flip up S Curve.

Take a look at the pics - holes like 1, 3, 7, 11, 15 and 17 are some of the best out there.

405' is a lucky perfect toss for me in an open field so I'm probably going to throw a jackal for a little more control, and that should leave me a wizard upshot, and a wizard putt for an easy 3

Hyzer flip a Leopard or Sidewinder to try and shoot the gap and leave myself a relatively short approach as I max out at around 350'. I'd probably throw a Buzzz or a dialed back Leopard on my second shot if I couldn't clear all of the trees.

The last time I was there I hyzerflipped a Valk thru the gap. Upshot and finished w/ a s Ion.

One of the few holes that water or the walking path doesn't come into play...:gross:

this was one of the trashiest courses ive ever played. i seriously saw 5 used condoms on the course and 3 pairs of underwear.

i played a teebird on this hole.

The map and photo don't seem to match because the map doesn't show that building at all. So I have no idea.

RHFH a Firebird I guess since it's my most consistent disc/shot. Follow with a FH Pain for the same reason.