• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 1/24/14: Wildcat Springs in Hamilton, IL

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Looks like a nice one today...
Wildcat Springs in Hamilton, IL
Course Rating: 4.08, 13 reviews
Hole 1, 462 ft

Tee: Sign and map show it plays over a creek, but Hole Detail doesn't indicate water in play.
07d37ac5.jpg

Course Map
No tips or other photos.

Probably go with a Star Wraith OH to clear the trees....

Then a Pinnacle Ghost RHBH

Champion Rhyno.

Nice way to begin a course! Beat Pro Boss, RHFH right up that gap.

beat Star Orc RHFH. Holes like this are the reason I need to remind myself to warm up before rounds...

Looks pretty downhill, probably a pd rhfh or if it plays a lot shorter than listed a banshee rhfh.

Playing downhill, I am going to need something stable that does not turn or fade; TeeBird or Gazelle will work just fine. From there it all depends what I need to mop up with. The park looks open enough where a three on a consistent basis should not be difficult to get.

If I can FH, I will flick a Boss. If not I will try to play over those trees with a Bandit. Not sure if I would have to overhand. It looks like I could hyzer flip it over them BH.

If it wasn't so long, this would be a good River shot with a nice slow turn through the gap. Unfortunately, that's not a shot I have at this distance. So I'll just go forehand with a Z Nuke to clear the creek and set up an easy 3.

It's a fairly steep valley, not really downhill.

RHBH Leopard dead ahead, lay up and putt out.

If it's open to the right I'd probably hyzerflip a havoc and let it roll slowly annhyzer. Otherwise up the gut with a teebird.