• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 2/12/14: Schenley Park in Pittsburgh, PA

kevdiv48

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
Course Rating of 2.98 from 40 reviews.

Hole 18: Red: 207',White: 297', Blue: 309'

Course Map

White Tee:

fce192fc.jpg

Basket:

7db77299.jpg

Looks like a fairly straight shot with a slight hyzer finish, maybe a bit downhill from the tee the picture was taken from. I'd probably throw a GL pain from either.

What Schenley lacks in challenge, it makes up for with a sense of history - an homage to old school DG.
Red: Challenger
White: Renegade
Blue: Renegade

Goodness, I've played this course a few hundred times. I live walking distance from it. The basket pictured is actually super hyzerrd back there. There is another straight ahead. And another longer at the top of the hill to the right.

I play a zone for the basket pictured and a teebird for the other two.

Goodness, I've played this course a few hundred times. I live walking distance from it. The basket pictured is actually super hyzerrd back there. There is another straight ahead. And another longer at the top of the hill to the right.

I play a zone for the basket pictured and a teebird for the other two.

yea it looks like its near the fence on the left side of the pic.

i'm following the local... zone/teebird and clean up with a wizard.

Looks like I might try running my glidey River at it.

ps: anybody ever get that streetlight?

Looks like I might try running my glidey River at it.

ps: anybody ever get that streetlight?

the little sensor that detects how dark it has been destroyed by discs. I've seen it hit tons of times. Especially on spikes and gentle hyzers towards the middle basket (which is about where the people standing around are)

Hole 18 - Great hole that seems to have started a tradition in Pittsburgh, unknowingly, to have out-of-bounds on every Hole 18 in Pittsburgh. (Schenley - Knob Hill - Moraine - Deer Lakes......)

Anyway....

The middle pin is near where the people in the photo are. There is a pin tucked back farther right, and one tucked in short tight left with a really steep hill to the left of the basket. Hole is slightly uphill, and on occasion shots will lift too high and fly in the the skating rink behind the basket. Try to not do that in the winter!