• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 3/4/2018: Deer Lakes Park, Hole 13 in Tarentum, PA

elmexdela

* Ace Member *
4.61 from 76 reviews

this course looks awesome

three tees

44163d11.jpg

722fe2b9.jpg

d40a73f9.jpg

i usually only play longs

i would throw rhbh plaz volt

if i had the chance to ever play shorts ill throw rhbh fizz volt on both the shorter ones going for that laser drive

I think we played middle tees.
Probably threw a RHBH Neutron Wave.
Probably do so again, from any tee.

Fantastic course.

Course added to wishlist! From long, either Star Beast or Z Undertaker RHBH hyzer. Likely Buzzz FH upshot. Avoid trees if at all possible. If fully expect that approach shot to be tough and will most likely need to break out the scramble game.

That tunnel looks tough because by the distance listed, it looks like you also want as much as possible. Maybe a Sword or G-PD at moderate power right off the tee and then play as needed.

RHBH Champ Roc3, playing for 3 from the longer tees
RHBH Thief from the short tee

this course looks awesome

It is. At one point, Deer Lakes was in DGCR's top 10... still in the top 25.

This hole can be trickier than it looks you're tee shot fades hard or takes a bad kick. I just wanna keep it in the fairway to set up an easier 2nd shot.
Red: Warship
White: Nebula
Blue: Nebula

It is. At one point, Deer Lakes was in DGCR's top 10... still in the top 25.

This hole can be trickier than it looks you're tee shot fades hard or takes a bad kick. I just wanna keep it in the fairway to set up an easier 2nd shot.
Red: Warship
White: Nebula
Blue: Nebula

i thought it sounded familiar but was just such a generic name that one could be led astray thanks that makes more sense now

Wasn't this one of the courses used at '15 Worlds in Pittsburgh?

Anyway, Ballista Pro overhand from the two longer pads to get past the short then a Emac Truth to set up a jump putt.

yep, world's course from 2015. We are blessed here in PGH. Wait till you guys see the new course going in this year...going to make deer and moraine look tiny haha.

Deer lakes is definitely worth coming to Pittsburgh. We also have a few other highly rated courses to check out. I was a course promoter for Deer lakes up until moving from the area in December. All 3 tees at Deer lakes are super fun and challenging! We also have 3 pin locations on each hole. As for hole 13 this has always been my favorite hole on the course. I had the idea to build up some downed trees and limbs to build a wall on the far side of the ravine. Added a new pin locations as well. It really changed how the hole played. The tee shot from the blues is a tunnel that goes uphill. Getting to the top of the hill can be a challenge. Usually I'm throwing a fairway driver like a FD to minimize fade or skips. From there its all about hitting a tight line through the trees. The putt can get tricky with a down slope behind the basket. It's a truly challenging par 4. Hole 14, now that's a whole new challenge!

Latest posts