• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 3-7-12 Ludington, MI

AikoAdam

Birdie Member
Mason County Park - Beast
Hole #17
200 ft (3)
72076d8f.jpg

The basket is to the left of the center gap, approx 6 feet back and 6 feet left. There is a slight incline the entire fairway.

I figured since this is my home course I would put up the HOD today.

Fun fact: Designing and plans for this course began 20 years ago. Happy Anniversary to Beauty and Beast! :clap:

It's tough to tell how much of an incline there is.

I'm going to say my champ rhyno but I may switch to my Z wasp on the tee.

probably go with the z buzzz for the extra fade that I get at the end, aim straight at the centre tree.

Spike hyzer? No line, you will totally be treenied! lol
The branches on the backside of the trees reach out pretty far.

Can't you just spike something straight into the branches above the basket or slice one through the gap and be there for a drop in? Fairly certain I can make some kind of spike hyzer work here so: Z Pred.

yeah if no spike hyzer line with my zone im gona throw one straight up the gut with a worn wizard.

Can't you just spike something straight into the branches above the basket or slice one through the gap and be there for a drop in? Fairly certain I can make some kind of spike hyzer work here so: Z Pred.

The trees are much bigger now (pics are from 2009). The basket sits on the side of a small mound and the ground slopes down to the right (you can kinda see that in the pic).

I will give a spike hyzer a try Sunday after leagues. The pic makes it look like there is alot more room than there is.

The easy throw is straight up the center gap with a little fade for a tap in 2. Hit the tree and it's a 3.

If anyone is coming to play let me know if you need a guide!

i like throwing something overstable and skippy like a firebird at this one. thrown low and flat at the tree on the right ive had some nice skip ace runs. a gator or drone is a nice choice to keep from skipping too far away and takin a 3. the safe and smart shot is a putter or powered down buzzz though. ill agree that there isnt much room for a spike hyzer, but if you a good grenade id say its an option.

ill ad that this is one of best disc golf complexes i think youll find. throwing off the tee at hole one of beast is worth the trip to mason county. if you are ever in michigan on a disc golf trip, beauty and beast are must plays.

ill ad that this is one of best disc golf complexes i think youll find. throwing off the tee at hole one of beast is worth the trip to mason county. if you are ever in michigan on a disc golf trip, beauty and beast are must plays.

Just wait to see what happens this year if everything works out! You'll want to come down for sure.

Latest posts