• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/4/2019: Hornets Nest Park Hole 6 in Charlotte, NC

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 4.27 from 15 reviews

Hole 6
Red Tee / Gold Tee
Pin A: 385 ft Par 3 / 647 ft Par 4
Pin B: -- / 448 ft Par 4

Tee – Nest:
64459db8.jpg

Basket to Tee – Nest:
6f3072eb.jpg

Tee – Web:
bd1d9041.jpg

Basket – Web:
18f0665d.jpg

Course Map

I remember I got a 3 from long tee throwing a risky Mamba shot that very nearly ended up on the road when I played here.

So I guess Mamba again. Probably still have ~300 left after that, so QMS or Leo from there.

Well the first thing you do is wait for the seemingly endless line of cars going to/from tennis court and grill outs to clear. Then you probably try a daring hyzer flip with a distance driver and end up barely flipping it into that road you were worried about. Then you usually throw a standard upshot the rest of the way, misjudge the distance and leave yourself a tester that you will probably miss b/c the smell of grilled food will start wafting in and make your stomach growl exactly when you putt.

Sphinx to start. Have played here a couple of times but only from the shorts. Tough course as all of my Charlotte experiences, except Sugaw, have been.

Love the Hornets Nest, my favorite course ever.

Just Hyzer flip a Crank staying out of the junk on the left.

Hyzer flip a Neutron Wave

I play there fairly regularly, and tend to drive with a Champ Orc, then a Warden or Maiden (sometimes a Mercy) for the upshot.

As brotherDave says: the plan is for a glorious Champ Tern hyzer flip with a short approach, but most likely I'll end up in the stuff on the left, have a scramble forehand out, and then get up and down for 4. (Actually, I think that's exactly what I did when I played here around Thanksgiving, only I missed that "tester" BroD mentioned, getting a 5.)

Got it in both rounds at worlds with a lucid getaway and circles edge putt. HAVE TO make sure you don't go OB in the road!

Roadrunner from either tee. Go from there.