• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 5/24/2023: BCCC DGC Hole #13 Washington, NC

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
BCCC DGC in Washington, NC

Blue 375 ft
White 260 ft

"No. 13 par 3 at 260 feet an open tee to a heavily wooded basket. At the 130-foot mark is a gapped dogleg right at a 45- degree angle. The gap is about 30 feet wide and covered with heavy trees and hanging branches, at that point the fairway drops. Run your disc too far and will head down hill to a small stream and on the way down brush. But you need to get as far down as you can for a good look at the basket. The basket sits as roller and has tree sentinels on the left and partial front. Need to be down slope at least the 230 mark and putting up slope for a good look within C1. The hole has potential double bogey. I was lucky and had branches slow my drive down and had a straight shot at the basket. As a lefty with those sentinels and looking at a roller to the right. I flopped putt and watched my putter still roll 20 feet down."

"I really liked the design of Hole 13, which tees off in the open, and requires throwing a RHBH turnover to hit a late window into the woods, where the basket is tucked (a RHFH probably wouldn't work, the angle into the gap is too shallow). This is a hole design that you usually see for straight shots and hyzers, not often for turnovers, so that was fun."

Tee
ecb2c6f2.jpg

Tee Sign
ee094027.jpg

Fun hole! Anybody that has read my reviews know that I like to pick a "Trouble Hole", and this was it. Need to focus center right on that gap either RHFH or LHBH and watch your disc disappear into the darkness, letting your disc scoot level down the hill towards the creek at the bottom. Avoiding anywhere left including C1 with guardian skinnies and brush, two-putt territory or hit a tree and it could roll toward the creek. Hit the mark and you'll avoid the skinnies left of the basket, and if you're really on the mark on the edge of C1 with a straight up hill birdie run. This would have been one of the longer blue tees that I couldn't find marked. If it had been there, I would have played it.

X-step LHBH Plasma Pyro. If I clear the left skinnies by the basket, might as well go for the birdie. When I played it the left skinnies blocked me out, dumped putt and flipped on its edge, a log blocked it at 20 feet.

Last edited:
Fun hole! Anybody that has read my reviews know that I like to pick a "Trouble Hole", and this was it. Need to focus center right on that gap either RHFH or LHBH and watch your disc disappear into the darkness, letting your disc scoot level down the hill towards the creek at the bottom. Avoiding anywhere left including C1 with guardian skinnies and brush, two-putt territory or hit a tree and it could roll toward the creek. Hit the mark and you'll avoid the skinnies left of the basket, and if you're really on the mark on the edge of C1 with a straight up hill birdie run. This would have been one of the longer blue tees that I couldn't find marked. If it had been there, I would have played it.

X-step LHBH Plasma Pyro. If I clear the left skinnies by the basket, might as well go for the birdie. When I played it the left skinnies blocked me out, dumped putt and flipped on its edge, a log blocked it at 20 feet.

Nice, it looks fun. Is it possible to reach the creek long/right if something is too skippy?

260' RHFH finishing hyzer I will probably go Komodo if I want lots of skip or Gila if the play is to get to the ground and slide through the gap. Tyrant for an option right in between (and likely my most accurate at hitting the gap at that distance.

Not sure how it changes for the 360' pin or tee. If I could make it to the gap FH I would probably be throwing a Ballista Pro or maybe a carnivore. If it seems to big maybe a dumb ballsy RHBH roller with a paradox.

Nice, it looks fun. Is it possible to reach the creek long/right if something is too skippy?

260' RHFH finishing hyzer I will probably go Komodo if I want lots of skip or Gila if the play is to get to the ground and slide through the gap. Tyrant for an option right in between (and likely my most accurate at hitting the gap at that distance.

Not sure how it changes for the 360' pin or tee. If I could make it to the gap FH I would probably be throwing a Ballista Pro or maybe a carnivore. If it seems to big maybe a dumb ballsy RHBH roller with a paradox.

Yes, a fast skip can make the creek. There is debris and brush before the creek that might catch it. A roller could easily make the creek. You need to move toward the creek to clear the trees left of basket. My Pyro is good about hitting the brakes down slope and has never flipped up and rolled.

Latest posts