• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/13/2019: Linbrook DGC Hole 7 in Pittsburgh, PA

armiller

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Linbrook DGC in Pittsburgh, PA
Rating: 3.48 from 24 reviews
9 holes

Hole 7
Par 4, favorited by nine

Blue Tee - 738' (downhill)
Gold Tee - 885' (downhill)

From tee (possibly blue? - back before better quality pads)
cc32580f.jpg

At bottom of hill in fairway:
df484121.jpg

Basket to Tee:
c9ae0ed3.jpg

Tips:
1) "This hole is a massive downhill shot that has a left bend down the hill to a flat area at the bottom where it turns a bit to the right where the basket is on the edge of the woods." - timbur3
2) "This is another good hole to have a spotter on as the fairway curves left at a sharp angle and significantly drops in elevation. Rough is thick on both sides." - BigAl724

Last edited:
I had to post a weekend hole. This is my highest rated 9-hole course, and this was one of my favorite holes. One of the course's strengths is its decent collection of long and high quality par 4s. This was one, with a long initial downhill through an initial gap. I believe the photo above is from blue, and gold is back behind one more gap and a fair amount more elevated.

My play is either an overstable Teebird RHBH or something like a Champ Thunderbird or Big Z Vulture to get some decent distance but stay in the fairway and avoid lots of nasty rough. Then something like a Buzzz approach would be reasonable.

Very fun course.

I spent a good hour on this hole, playing it alone and losing a disc twice. I'd throw a fh sol hyzerflip, letting it turn over slightly on the finish. Ditto the comment on having a spotter

Man this looks fun. TP Fortress to start, hoping for the best

I love this hole. I play a floaty roc when I'm being safe and a steep hyzer with a valk when I'm trying to get aggressive.

this looks dope

rhbh plaz volt for placement

then likely ion to ion for the 3

I love seeing one of my local courses on here!

I usually go with back to back FD's on this hole.

More hyzer with the valk next time. :) Carried a bit long and into the trees when we quick played here. Which led to a tommy and a 50 putt (miss) and drop in for my four. :doh:

Little bummed it was a very rainy week during our visit, the bottom lily-pad field was quite soggy. Side note, if anybody finds a lightweight destroyer here let me know, my brother lost it somewhere on the left side. :D

Latest posts