• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/25/2021: Shoals DGC Hole #4 Pinnacle, NC

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Shoals DGC in Pinnacle, NC

420 ft.

"#4 is the course's best hole by far. 420 feet, downhill, with a slight s-curve, basket to the left at the end. It's a semi-narrow fairway with thick, tree-line rough on both sides. It was thick in December, so I reckon it's very unforgiving come Spring and Summer. 3 is an excellent score on this hole. This hole stands out like a sore thumb in terms of being so much better that you could easily put this hole on many of the state's best 18-hole layouts and it would still be a quality hole there."

"My Signature hole would be #4 (420'). The starts you off on a flat narrow fairway to about 225' with a string of small trees in the fairway, and makes a 90 degree left turn to a slightly descending tight fairway with a basket at the end. The hole will make you work to get a birdie."

Tee
a5ceda93.jpg

Approach
b3dbc364.jpg

Basket
f1e0bc43.jpg

Shoals DGC in Pinnacle, NC

420 ft.

"#4 is the course's best hole by far. 420 feet, downhill, with a slight s-curve, basket to the left at the end. It's a semi-narrow fairway with thick, tree-line rough on both sides. It was thick in December, so I reckon it's very unforgiving come Spring and Summer. 3 is an excellent score on this hole. This hole stands out like a sore thumb in terms of being so much better that you could easily put this hole on many of the state's best 18-hole layouts and it would still be a quality hole there."

"My Signature hole would be #4 (420'). The starts you off on a flat narrow fairway to about 225' with a string of small trees in the fairway, and makes a 90 degree left turn to a slightly descending tight fairway with a basket at the end. The hole will make you work to get a birdie."

Tee
a5ceda93.jpg

Approach
b3dbc364.jpg

Basket
f1e0bc43.jpg

I recognize that first description of this hole. Too bad it's a horrible picture of someone's backside.

Attack, probably an undertaker or trespass.

Smart, ETruth to a playable spot, upshot with zone or proxy.

What would probably happen… 5 shots.

Lucid Maverick, Lucid Maverick

If this is a true 90* turn, it looks like a layup shot and then an approach shot.

MD3 off the tee. P3X approach.

how can two people describe the same hole so differently? wtf? guessing the first is accurate.....

ar heat

Latest posts