• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/29/2018: Rogers Lakewood Park Hole 1 in Valparaiso, IN

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 4.11 from 45 reviews

Hole 1
Par 3
Pin A: 336 ft.
Pin B: 306 ft.
Pin C: 322 ft.
Water in play

Tee Sign:
563120b0.jpg

Tee:
e215d4ec.jpg

Approach:
b6138fae.jpg

Basket to Tee:
35e9cc7d.jpg

Course Map

Monarch off the tee, throwing straight across the water letting it turn the whole way up the fairway toward the basket.

got to play this course last year - threw a tee bird off the tee with a rhyno up shot and a rhyno to finish. Doubt I would play it any different

RHBH Star Mamba
RHBH Air River
RHBH Star Mamba

My Vanish has enough of a turn with distance so I'll go RHBH and hope to not to start my day with fishing it out of the pond.

Switch or Vanish, LHBH, little anny, try and get it straight and a little high and hard... wide on the left around the pond, good odds on a two if it doesn't end up on on the path.

Unnghhh, I love this starting hole. Usually play on or over the walking path as OB. Neutral to flippy Roc on a turnover all dayyy. The rest of the course doesn't disappoint either!

Flippy Star Teebird off the tee. We skipped this one on our road trip last fall, too.

In real life, Teebird RHBH hyzer safely to hillside, then some kinda upshot.

On DGCR, Thunderbird forehand around the trees for chance at 2.

Great course, great starting hole.

Back in 2011, I griplocked a 150 Katana that got treejected into the pond. :(
This time I'll try a 150 D Crank and hang it out to the left out to the left to give it some room to work.

FYI - be careful running at the pin on hole #2!

Last edited:

Latest posts