• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 9/1/12 Monterey, CA

GripEnemy

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Premium Member
Ryan Ranch DGC
Monterey, CA

Hole #3
355' par 3

COURSE MAP

Tee:
ef240c5b.jpg

Fairway:
8cc77c57.jpg

Basket to Tee:
db240fc7.jpg

Dx Rancho Roc on a big hyzer to spike in near the basket.

The only time I played this hole, I turned over a SOLS and lost it somewhere to the right of the basket.

Spike Hyzer with Cro or TeeBird depending on wind.

Considering the length and the sizable drop, I might go with a Buzzz, RHBH with a bit of hyzer on it. Looks like a neat hole.

Probably go buzz with the drop off but it might be fun to throw the XXX thumber down there

Hyzer is usually the shot.

Disc depends on the wind. Eagle would be my first choice.

Wind is always a factor on #3, so choose your disc wisely. The safest way down is big hyzer with something OS. Its hard to see but there are trees you have to get over, which if you throw to high, you will hyzer waaaaay left of the target.
on calm days with no wind/breeze or a tailwind, a putter or mid will work just fine straight down the middle, the only tricky part is getting the proper height release for a good run at the basket! thrown to low you will be in the trees halfway down the canyon. Throw something to understable and high, say good bye to your disc, because chances are you will never see it again...

still can't decide between a straight drive or spike hyzer. straight would look cooler:D probably go with a wizard if there's no wind. with wind, maybe spike the PD.