• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Holes IN Hell!!!

bazillion

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
OK, so we've all seen those holes FROM Hell - you know, the 400' tunnel, the 200' cliff two feet behind the basket, the poison oak all over the place ... now let's get creative and see what holes would be found IN Hell!

Hmm. Let's see. Baskets 18 inches across? Chains welded together? Quadruple mandos?

Let's hear some good ones!

lava pool that should be an easy carry where a bubble pops up everytime you throw and sucks down your disc.

250 foot shot that turns hard to the left but every time you look in your bag it is full of optimizers.

Hole #2 at DeLa in Santa Cruz. You throw up a huge hill and then shoot to a basket behind a tree about 10 feet from the edge of a ravine OR you shoot to a basket about 2 feet from the same ravine. If your disc goes down there I'd say its gone, I don't think you could climb down without climbing equipment.
A lot of people skip this hole, and walk to hole 3, because this hole just isnt very fun.

The rest of the course however, is glorious and an amazing experience!:hfive:

How about this:

A hole where the pin sits in the middle of a sheet of ice, right outside the door of the place where all the slip-and-fall attorneys end up?

Ive always wanted to play a hole thats on an island, you throw to the middle of a lake, then take a small bridge out to ur disc (Bridge is not big enough to reasonably land ur disc on). If theres a hole like that out there, let me know! I need to play it!

Ive always wanted to play a hole thats on an island, you throw to the middle of a lake, then take a small bridge out to ur disc (Bridge is not big enough to reasonably land ur disc on). If theres a hole like that out there, let me know! I need to play it!

Pass Creek Park (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3739) has just such a hole.. a tiny island in the middle of a small lake, with a little bridge out to it. Worse.. no swimming or diving is allowed at the park. You throw in the water, it's gone (unless you're throwing floaters and can somehow reach it without going in the lake).

It's supposedly been upgraded to actual tone poles and marked tee locations now.. when I tried to visit it there wasn't anything permanent before. :p

Last edited:
A wide open hole where you can never find your disc in the short grass no matter where you throw it.

I feel like that all the time anyway.. I have the misfortune to have picked a deep red Teebird as a main driver.. and am mildly red-green colorblind. Finding that disc in a field of green grass is next to impossible for me. :( I usually have to wait around until another player is nearby, and ask them to find it for me.. which they do instantly, because I'm standing 15ft. from it and still can't see it. :wall:

I feel like that all the time anyway.. I have the misfortune to have picked a deep red Teebird as a main driver.. and am mildly red-green colorblind. Finding that disc in a field of green grass is next to impossible for me. :( I usually have to wait around until another player is nearby, and ask them to find it for me.. which they do instantly, because I'm standing 15ft. from it and still can't see it. :wall:

Well you seem to be living in hell then. :doh:

Holes over 500' on flat open spaces. ZERO effort from designers make for dumb holes. BTW, I don't have a good roller, so maybe it's my fault, but making a hole 700' just to add difficulty is RA-tarded.

For a short time there was a hole at Prince Gallitzin State Park that had a dead groundhog about 15 feet from the basket. Hope a driver/midrange didn't kill it! haha. Anyway, being a state park, they got rid of the road--er--fairwaykill, but it was certainly awkward and smelly!

There will be no disc golf in hell...No discs...No baskets...No holes. Just a lake of fire and lonliness for eternity.

You shoot a fantastic round (solo) and get several ACES at the local course in hell. But everyone calls you a liar because YOU'RE IN HELL.

Hole #1 from the pro tee's at Independence Lake in Dexter, MI. It's a 484 ft tunnel shot with extremely dense trees lining each side of a narrow ( about 8' across) fairway that turns slightly to the right after about 100' and then snakes back gently to the left down into a well protected hole. I can't imagine playing it as a par 3!

... so then the Devil came up to me and said, "Baz, I hear you're a disc golfer. Tell you what - if you can beat me, using MY discs, I'll let you out of here."

Who could turn down an offer like that? Not me!

So we got ready to play and then he handed me a bag full of manhole covers :wall:

Concrete tees but they will only be 4' long and will all have about a 1' drop off the front.

Distances will be posted in Centimeters and every hole will be par 3...even the 1000' uphill quadruple dogleg tunnel hole.