• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Holiday Gift Guide help

I agree with this. You can't have too many pair of good socks. I like lightweight wool myself.

There are plenty of other interesting accessories that would be nice:
  • Disc Gator or similar
  • Resin Bag
  • Three legged stool
  • First aid kit that fits in a bag pocket
  • Reusable score card (I like the Discraft one)
  • Hat (lots of options here)
  • Voucher for a "day out with the guys"

The SW Pursuit socks are your jam then :D! I use them for what we call cold in MS ( like the mid 20's a few times a year ).

From SW's site:

"Socks born from the same technology and spirit of our synthetic lines with two key differences: The PURSUIT(TM) line comes fused with the natural and thermal properties of super fine, 36 micron Merino Wool sourced from farmers right here in America AND is the only 200-needle compression wool sock on the market. In short, these socks are built of the finest, by the finest. Get yours today - your feet deserve it."

http://www.swiftwick.com/pursuit-socks-28-ctg.htm

I will give them a try, thank man. :thmbup:

For winter golf, I use fingerless gloves, always a good idea for me. I like the hand warmer idea too. Golden Retriever or Disc Gator are good ideas since I would never buy one myself. My friend got a Bluetooth solar power speaker that can also charge his phone last year. That was a very useful one for him. It's squarish, but slides into a slot in his bag where he would otherwise have a few discs. Glow duct tape and black light flashlights. They are way better than glow discs or LEDs. If you already have a practice basket, glow sticks or solar power led light strings to light it up at night.

I've used the RavPower Deluxe portable charger for a few years now. We take it backpacking with us when we're out in the bush for a week and it keeps our phones charged well. My wifes S6 and my S5 stay charged, if we're staying out longer than a week we usually plan stops at facilities to recharge the charger and move on. I've tried quite a few portable chargers and this was the first one I've felt confident enough taking with us for items such as our phones that turn in to our GPS devices and emergency contact tools in case of a disaster.

I 2nd Swiftwick socks. They're one of our cycling sponsors and some damn fine socks for both winter and summer riding/golfing.

so you say fingerless gloves, I feel like I need a strip removed from the palm too to get a proper grip.

Got you covered here too :thmbup::

The best athletic/active socks ever!

http://www.swiftwick.com/

Hydroflask!

I'll second the hydro flask and sock options!

Yup, yup, yup.

I'd add a kneepad for kneeling upshots and putts. I used mine 4 or 5 times over the course of a 2 round tournament last weekend. Very helpful. Mines from DeathPutt but No Excuses, Touch and a few others make them too.

Hand warmer.
DIY snow kit, includes ribbon and duct tape.
LED's for night golf.
Handi Wipes.

Another user suggested we repost this in the Holiday Gift thread so here it is:
New Product from TOBU Discs - We had quite a few requests through Disc Golf Course Review for a Bluetooth Tracking tag that could be attached to any disc. Well, we finally have it. Introducing the TOBU Seeker. You can now track your favorite disc with your iPhone or Android device:
http://www.tobudiscs.com/product-p/008.htm

I'll 2nd the Disc Gator, especially with the 11' tent poles, been loving mine... good for more than just water retrievals. Works for trees, thorny nasty crap, fences.

Quality base layers by Under Armor and the like for warm winter rounds if they live in cold climates.

Tape on LEDS and good quality electric tape (if needed).

Solar panel charger for phone / tablet.

Delta cart (too much?).

To reiterate a couple suggestions mentioned already:

Handwarmers
Hydroflask
Socks (SealSkinz)
Microfiber towels
LEDs
REI gift certificates (or other outdoorsy store)
Portable battery banks / BT speakers / headphones
Weatherproof outer layers
Base layers
Multitool / knife

Another user suggested we repost this in the Holiday Gift thread so here it is:
New Product from TOBU Discs - We had quite a few requests through Disc Golf Course Review for a Bluetooth Tracking tag that could be attached to any disc. Well, we finally have it. Introducing the TOBU Seeker. You can now track your favorite disc with your iPhone or Android device:
http://www.tobudiscs.com/product-p/008.htm

That user was me, just so nobody thinks TOBU is spamming again. I think this is a great gift idea.

Latest posts