• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Honey Bear Campground (Peru, IN) will be adult-only, clothing optional in 2024

Central Scrutinizer

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I just heard the news. It's terrible for the great juniors tournament they hold every year there (around October), and that historic course is a good one for juniors competition. I know a young player who is one of the best in the world at his age and it's his favorite course. I feel terribly for him. UGH.

In before this gets deleted.

In before I book a flight to IN

200.gif

Why would this get deleted, Sillybizz? Just stating a fact. This is a news story and nothing more. I'd think people would want to know, whether they're for it or against it, if headed there for a historic round at the 1978 course.

Either they make an exception and make people wear clothes that Saturday of the big juniors tourney or they'll probably play it elsewhere.

OK, but will the course stay in the ground?

<--asking the important questions
The message I saw on Reddit about it said it will stay. The name of the resort is changing, but they're going to call the course the Honey Bear Disc Golf Course (or something to that effect) in homage to its history. I sure hope they keep the really good pro shop going there too.

Why would this get deleted, Sillybizz? Just stating a fact. This is a news story and nothing more. I'd think people would want to know, whether they're for it or against it, if headed there for a historic round at the 1978 course.

Because we've had threads like this before (recently in fact) about clothing optional resorts with disc golf on them that got deleted with the fury. I've never played the course nor been to Indiana.

Either they make an exception and make people wear clothes that Saturday of the big juniors tourney or they'll probably play it elsewhere.

Most clothing optional places are all ages. For a clothing optional place to "make people wear clothes" goes against the entire ethos of the idea. In Europe and other places around the world it's no big deal but in America everyone flips out at nudity, smh. If it is indeed clothing optional than the participants of said tourney can keep their clothes on and perhaps mind their own business and just focus on disc golf.

Last edited:
You're gonna tell a bunch of 12yo boys not to look at naked people?

Good luck :LOL:

I mean if 12 year old boys want to stare at 60-80 year old droopy boobs and saggy bellies more power to them lol

So... do we, as disc golfers, also have the option to not wear any clothes?

Not asking personally as I have a feel like rooting around in rough for discs while nude could lead to some potentially unwanted injuries below the belt.

Seems like a very niche market...LGBTQ adult nudists who play disc golf.

Well I fall into their demographic. 😁 OK not really a nudist per say but I've visited a clothes optional resort before and been to a few clothes optional hot springs. It was about as sexual as a root canal. This is something most people don't understand about these clothing optional places.

So... do we, as disc golfers, also have the option to not wear any clothes?

Not asking personally as I have a feel like rooting around in rough for discs while nude could lead to some potentially unwanted injuries below the belt.
I seem to remember some stinging nettles. YIKES. Not like in Peoria, though!

I seem to remember some stinging nettles. YIKES. Not like in Peoria, though!

I just hope the course is away from all the above mentioned saggy boobs and butts because I already have a hard enough time concentrating making 5 foot putts without distractions.

Well I fall into their demographic. 😁 OK not really a nudist per say but I've visited a clothes optional resort before and been to a few clothes optional hot springs. It was about as sexual as a root canal. This is something most people don't understand about these clothing optional places.
I have to say I used to go to clothing optional hot springs in Colorado mostly to catch a glimpse of the ladies. The hot water was nice too.