• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Honey Bear Campground (Peru, IN) will be adult-only, clothing optional in 2024

Road trip. I didn't know that the old KOA course had become a nudist park. (but then I have not been to IN in 30+ years)

As long as I don't have to "get naked" I would have no problem playing a round there for historic sake.

I also have to agree with sillybizz, while I have never been to a nudist camp, I have been to 2 different Rainbow Gatherings with naked people walking everywhere.

So... do we, as disc golfers, also have the option to not wear any clothes?

Not asking personally as I have a feel like rooting around in rough for discs while nude could lead to some potentially unwanted injuries below the belt.
Assless chaps will be recommended for the more amateur golfers....

@sillybizz has an extra pair....

I played up there back in early November. The course itself is pretty separated from the campsites but you do have to walk through the campground to get to the first tee, and then to get from 18 to the "bonus holes" (no pun intended).

It's a great course and worth playing

Having played Otter Creek in KY and Roscoe Ewing in OH, I always meant to get out there to Honey Bear Hollow because it's Indiana's first disc golf course. Guess this makes another 'first' for it?

Having played Otter Creek in KY and Roscoe Ewing in OH, I always meant to get out there to Honey Bear Hollow because it's Indiana's first disc golf course. Guess this makes another 'first' for it?
It's worth a trip up there especially if you can work in nearby Maconuqah Park and Mississinewa State Park. You may also set a record for syllables per courses played

I researched this on the campground website. The new owners are trying to be more LBGTQ+ inclusive. The website indicates that the only area that is going to be clothing optional is the pool after construction of a high privacy fence when the campground opens in the spring.
Current reviews state the course is not being well maintained, but it is the winter months. Some might be disgruntled reviews based on new ownership.

I have never been to the course or campground and don't get to Indiana at all. I just wanted to research to see what was supposed to be going on, not sure what is actually happening on the grounds.

Last edited: