• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hope for Cubby

Oh no. Peace be to his family, and all who were close to him.

Oh man. This is really sad. 9 hours ago.

Mom asked me to give an update. As of this morning Dad is starting in-hospital hospice care. They will remove his feeding tube and start the morphine drip that will eventually slow his breathing. We were told he's got 7 days or less. We tried giving him time to heal and regain brain function but our efforts did not work. We want to thank everyone for their continued prayers. Funeral arrangements have been made and will take place at D'Elia funeral home in Lakewood. We will keep you updated with date and time.

It's sad to see the inevitable rearing its ugly head. We should all be so lucky to find our bliss and celebrate it like Cubby did. Can't wait to hit my next ace in his honor.

It's sad to see the inevitable rearing its ugly head.

This is the heartbreaking truth. It's nearly impossible to come back from a devastating brain injury. I couldnt see the FB post, but just read sidewinder's "RIP." From what Zenbot posted, it sounds like he still has a short time with us. I hope he's comfortable in his last hours on earth, surrounded by loved ones.

It's sad to see the inevitable rearing its ugly head. We should all be so lucky to find our bliss and celebrate it like Cubby did. Can't wait to hit my next ace in his honor.

We could all learn something from Cubby about following our bliss, because he sure did. Rest in peace man.

I hope I am lucky enough to be playing disc golf when it is my time to go. Prayers to Cubby's friends and family.

So sad. Something should be done to recognize what Cubby has done for the sport. Cubby for Hall of Fame!

I am not sure about some form of Hall of Fame, but I know he is immortalized by everyone in the know when they talk about Cubby aces.

When I originally heard it, it was definitely used in a derogatory way to describe an ace you are celebrating despite it occurring on the non-first throw off the tee, especially if it is a short course you play often and "unload the bag." However, as I learned more about this gentlemen, I still used the term, but more in honor of someone dedicated to the sport and still gets excited by the small moments of success.

I have 110 aces, but 70-75 are Cubbies. I have a long way to go to catch up to this gentleman.

Really? Oh man... Cubby you inspired so many and you are missed

Damn, I just found out through reddit. I didn't really follow what was going on, but Cubby aces go way back to my early DG days. From what I understand he was always forehanding Firebirds and getting skip-aces (even if he had to throw 100 times). I think the term "Cubby ace" has been cemented into the disc golf lexicon forever.

May your disc always find chains in the next life!

Latest posts