• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hot Dog Stand?

Jester87k

So i have a portable Grill..
I was thinking about setting up at a Local Course and selling Hot Dogs/Chips/Pop
my question is 1) Would people be interested in buying? 2) Would i have to fear cops? lol i mean people smoke on course non stop and not like im gonna be making millions

most cities require a license for this kind of "food cart" or truck whateverrrrr... Guys in busy areas can make 100k a year in NYC selling hotdogs like this but you will likely need a permit or something and cannot just open up a shop anywhere selling stuff no matter who, what, where'

Not a bad idea though at all specially if you went around to all the local leagues/tourneys and become the go-to guy for food/bev/snacks'

I had this idea years ago. Make it a taco stand. Sell discs, too. Place cart near water hazard after the "smoke hole" and clean up.

In most locales, you generally need to get a business license to sell pretty much anything, and likely some sort of food permit as well. You also will have to have approval to sell your wares on public property (this is assuming the course is in a public park), which may not be permissible in some places.

Even little kids sadly, have run afowl of the law doing this.

There is a guy who does that at one of our courses. He does pretty well. He did have to get a permit.

We also started having a food truck come to our tournaments for lunch. Players seem to love it and the truck owners are happy with the amount of sales generated.

at the last tournament I played at there was a dude grilling up hotdogs and giving them out for free lol it was awesome because I was ripped to

Several homes back up to Firefighter's where we play leagues. Every so often, a kid about 10-yrs old that sets up shop just beyond his backyard adjacent to 14's fairway with a cooler full of pop, water and bags of chips for a buck a pop. Looks like mom buys the jumbo sized packages at Costco, so he should be seeing a pretty healthy margin.

I had this idea years ago. Make it a taco stand. Sell discs, too. Place cart near water hazard after the "smoke hole" and clean up.

Shouldn't taco'd discs be on that menu? Better yet,

"Jukeshoe's Gourmet Sammich Stand - Guaranteed to take strokes of your game!"

Last edited:
Damn, son, you eat MY sammiches it gonna ADD strokes. :p :D

Jukeshoe: <---Not exactly sure what that even means. :\ :|

most cities require a license for this kind of "food cart" or truck whateverrrrr... Guys in busy areas can make 100k a year in NYC selling hotdogs like this but you will likely need a permit or something and cannot just open up a shop anywhere selling stuff no matter who, what, where'

Not a bad idea though at all specially if you went around to all the local leagues/tourneys and become the go-to guy for food/bev/snacks'

Work up to buying a used food truck and sell discs out of it along with hotdogs, burgers etc....a disc golfers paradise

The city always wants their cut, but depending on where you are, you may just be able to do it with no problems.

you should start a cold dog stand. that way you don't even have to warm them up, that'll save you a ton of money.

If you set up at a monthly tournament or weekly league AS PART of the event and ONLY sell to DG'ers you COULD "Fly the Radar". As soon as you sell to the public or setup during NON Tournament or League play you'll need to be Legal. Sales tax, kick back to the parkand/or club, etc.

I run a little casual doubles tourney at my place every year and I always call up buddy with the gut wagon, he runs it all summer but he's callin me every spring to find out when the tourney is. It's so convenient for us it keeps people out of the kitchen for starters and no mess or trying to do snacks for 60 people. Some guys will grab breakfast and lunch.

I don't eat hot dogs, but I would eat a brat, or something, but you need to have a permit.

Latest posts