• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you keep track of score?

I use a app for most mobile phones called accel Golf (http://www.accelgolf.com/). It lets you create custom courses that you load when you play. It also keeps track of tees, rough, penalties and number of puts. There are some disc golf courses already in the database and I added a few of the ones here in Chicago. It will also post it to Facebook if you want, the only drawback is that it uses yards and not feet, but just notate it in the course comments.

I know one guy, when playing a course he can shoot 10 down or better just starts in his head with -18 and adds 1 for every par, -17, -16, etc. I think he just does that to mess with everyone else.

I normally just remember my best scores in my head for my local courses but I am thinking about using this website"s scorecard.

I only remember my good sores unlike ball golf where my handicap is always lurking. It I ha a disc golf handicap it would be +3-4 depending on the course. Ball golf solid 4?:)

I keep track in my head. After the round, I file it away. I never have a need for it again. I don't really track progress based on scores getting better, I base it on how my game has improved.

I bring a midget and a tattoo artist with me, and have the tattooist etch a tick mark on the midget's back for each stroke.

I tattoo my scores on whomever I'm playing with.....

Wow...I didn't even read through this thread, just posted my tattoo remark, only to see that you beat me by half-an-hour. And dammit, billnchristy I see used the midget idea!

I guess my method isn't very unique...:(

I use the iphone app that looks very kiddie. It can keep track of 8 players. You can make as many courses as you like and it saves the pars. It also keeps track of your last score on that hole, and the average on that hole so you can see how your doing on the course. It constantly saves your game so if it dies, when you load the app again it will be where you left off. There is no limit on how many holes you can play on the scorecard, and you can only score up to 50something. (I would stop keeping score if I got a 50something) Plus it can post to directly to discgolf.com, twitter, facebook, and send via email. All for 2 dollars.

Anyway, I like it allot. I don't work for them, and I didn't write it. Just like it allot.

I use the iphone disc golf app. That's more for future reference than it is for on the course reference as I can remember scores rather well.

\/\/

I use this stroke counter...

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/273757811/Golf_Electric_Stroke_Counter.html

Bought it in a golf warehouse for $15. Warning though, the build quality is poor. It also uses a battery that doesn't last long - especially when you leave it in your car (attached to my bag) during the summer months. I am on my second one and no problems yet. Has up to 4 players and is fairly easy to use.