• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how far can you FH a putter?

how far can you FH a putter?

• Total voters
i wouldnt mind seeing a video of someone breaking 300 putter flick. the softball fence by my apt is 275 ill see if i can get one of me hitting it. it would have to be on a good day though. and the snow has to clear

Depends on the putter, haha. Gimme a Jokeri or a Breaker and I miiiiiight be able to hit 225. Maybe. A ridge or Wizard definitely 200' or less.

Last edited:
I flick my putters a lot and i max out around 200 i approach this way very often.... short fh shots off the tee i like to flick teebirds and TLs about 250

Normally I can only get my putters out to 275ish with my forehand but every once in awhile I will pop a huge one and throw it over 350'. It has to be a slightly overstable putter like a BB Aviar otherwise I almost always turn them over when going for max d.

Normally I can only get my putters out to 275ish with my forehand but every once in awhile I will pop a huge one and throw it over 350'. It has to be a slightly overstable putter like a BB Aviar otherwise I almost always turn them over when going for max d.

thats the thing i have trouble with. playing a bit of ultimate in college helped but its different cuz you step to the side to flick where in dg your moving forward. i throw kcp aviars for driving flicks. obviously not often. but i find its hard to keep them consistent and not wobbly or turn them over straight into the ground

Messing around today I forehanded a couple drives with putters and feel my estimate of ~250' with a judge was accurate. Of course this was was a large hyzer flip and a healthy dose of height. I threw my envy ~280' and my zone an easy 300'. I will never throw a forehand judge more than 100' in a serious round it's very inconsistent.

Generally the only putter I forehand is a Zone. I know that may keep me from improving my form as fast as using something more stable/understable, but I've gotten extremely accurate with it for approaches. Throwing it just feels really comfortable and reliable.

Oh, and probably 200' max.

Is this poll for Internet distance or actual distance? If I don't see video of someone throwing a putter 400 it's going to be hard to convince me otherwise they can throw a putter 400 feet fh

Is this poll for Internet distance or actual distance? If I don't see video of someone throwing a putter 400 it's going to be hard to convince me otherwise they can throw a putter 400 feet fh

Haha it's a LOT of internet distance. I'm pretty sure anyone who could forehand a neutral putter 300'+ should hold a world record with a distance driver. (Obvious exaggeration)

I throw a Wizard and now a Nova as well. And I doubt if I've ever even attempted to throw a putter for distance. Lack of confidence? Stuck with a ball golf mentality; I won't use my Ping to whack a ball 200 yards. Old and hard headed perhaps? Lousy form?

And I'm happy with my noodle arm distance.

That said I played a Zephyr round yesterday and got it out past 150 consistently.

Last edited:
Haha it's a LOT of internet distance. I'm pretty sure anyone who could forehand a neutral putter 300'+ should hold a world record with a distance driver. (Obvious exaggeration)

oh yeah i didnt realize so many were 200 and lower. i would have changed my poll. i thought everyone would be 200-250 at least. few selects that played too much ultimate in their day and can hit 300.

but yeah the 400+ would love to see it in person

Forehand flick with a putter is not something most people do on the course. At least when I am there.

Forehand flick with a putter is not something most people do on the course. At least when I am there.

Agreed. I only ever use it to get out of trouble and I have nothing else to do. That said I can get it up to about 200-215 or so when I'm out messing around.

Latest posts