• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Far has the Disc been

I found a disc last weekend at my local course. Called the # last night. I live in Northern Washington and this guy lives in Southern California. He has never been disc golfing in WA. He said he lost the disc at De La Vega in Santa Cruz 2 years ago. Somehow made it to WA. You got any interesting stories behind a lost or found disc? Any lost Disc that made it coast to coast?

only one i have is i lost my first run boss at hornets nest in charlotte, got a call back a couple days before xmas that a guy found it, and sent it back to me...

I found a beat up Valkryrie this summer. It looked like it had been around the block a few times. When I called the number the dude couldn't remember losing the disc. He was in Phoenix, Arizona and I picked it up in Madison, Wisconsin. He'd never been to Wisconsin. Thats 1000 miles or so. Quite a throw.

i live in virginia and haven't lost a disc more than 20 miles from my house in years- the last 3 lost discs i have had returned (all lost here in spotsylvania) were returned from pennsylvania, maryland, and maryland.

i read on the nefa page about a guy from the northeast having a disc returned from a crab pot somewhere on the west coast.

I'm in Lexington KY. I got called a month ago from a guy at Morley Field in San Diego that found an Orange Champion Teebird with my name and number on it. The only orange champion Teebird that I remember losing was two years ago at Bowling Green. The disc rolled OB at Chalybeates on hole #15 (Over the cliff) and went I went back after the round to get it - it was already gone. I'm guessing that disc found it way to San Diego and got lost again two years (and over 1500 miles) later. I told him thanks for the call and it was his.

I also found a disc a couple years ago at Shillito (in Lexington) that was from Utah. I tried the number but is was not longer in service. Got the location from the area code.

Last edited:
I found a beat up Valkryrie this summer. It looked like it had been around the block a few times. When I called the number the dude couldn't remember losing the disc. He was in Phoenix, Arizona and I picked it up in Madison, Wisconsin. He'd never been to Wisconsin. Thats 1000 miles or so. Quite a throw.
It sounds like there was a lot of 'annie' on that throw:D

While out golfing at Spring, Tx in march, I found a Cryztal Buzz with an Alien Head stamp that says "Metro Detroit Disc Golf Championship Series 2007", but no name. Wasn't even lost, just sitting about 20ft behind the basket, on a sloping hillside that drops off to a bayou. Didnt see it until my putter landed right next to it. Lucky!!

I just wanted to comment that it's really nice to see that some of us are respectful enough to at least call the contact numbers on these discs. It's a real testament to the type of individuals that play this sport. Thank you all!

I live in Hastings,MN and found this disc on my home course...
8-11008.jpg

Posted the picture on their site, but have not heard from the person that lost it...

I threw a glow teebird in the pond in Gulf Breeze, FL. About 6 months later, a guy calls me and asked if I wanted it. I said he could keep it as I lived 6 hours away. About a year later I get another call about 8:30PM. This guy said he was at the park, had my glow teebird, and wanted to know if I wanted to meet for a round right then. Dark outside, I then asked where he was and he said Cali!

That disc looks SSSSUPER!

I live in Hastings,MN and found this disc on my home course...
8-11008.jpg

Posted the picture on their site, but have not heard from the person that lost it...

Thats a pretty fruity looking stamp. If I lost a disc like that, and someone called me about it, I'm not sure I would return the call either. the guy might be curious who's at the end of that rainbow, if you know what I mean ;)

I threw a glow teebird in the pond in Gulf Breeze, FL. About 6 months later, a guy calls me and asked if I wanted it. I said he could keep it as I lived 6 hours away. About a year later I get another call about 8:30PM. This guy said he was at the park, had my glow teebird, and wanted to know if I wanted to meet for a round right then. Dark outside, I then asked where he was and he said Cali!

thats nuts! what a first post.

Thats a pretty fruity looking stamp. If I lost a disc like that, and someone called me about it, I'm not sure I would return the call either. the guy might be curious who's at the end of that rainbow, if you know what I mean ;)

Texconsinguy....it is a colorful stamp, its only lacking a pink unicorn....I wonder if they were going for the St.Louis Arch and a Big Hyzer look, though.

Texconsinguy....it is a colorful stamp, its only lacking a pink unicorn....I wonder if they were going for the St.Louis Arch and a Big Hyzer look, though.

Thank you... I am guessing that he was just yanking my chain, but who knows...

Two or so years ago I got a call about a disc that a guy had found near tulsa, oklahoma. He said that he found my disc, it was a champion eagle. This is not only weird because I live in mobile alabama, but weird because I don't ever recall owning a champ eagle...Idk, I guess I did, but it stumped me for a while.

All in good fun

Thank you... I am guessing that he was just yanking my chain, but who knows...

You are correct, sir. Just wanted to plant that seed of doubt. It looks like an arch to me too, or a convenient place to find a pot of gold.

I actually just bought a purple DG bag, so I'm really not one to talk about colors anyways.:cool:

That pink unicorn would've been sweet though.

Latest posts