• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far South in Michigan to find playable course

Yeah, even with the recent warm spell, you aren't going to find a snow-free course anywhere on the western side of the state.

Snows not really an issue down here right now but it's still there. Not an issue meaning I didn't have to bust out the boots.

Snow is there everywhere, but it's not an issue anywhere.

Get some good boots, put curly ribbon on your discs, and chuck away! We just played the Ice Bowl at Log Lake in Kalkaska this Sunday and there's a group that keeps Kingsley playable all winter as well.

I figue this is as good a place as any to ask.
In ice bowls do you put ribbons on? Is it suggested or frowned on?

...then there's the issue of mud. I went and played a round in Northeast Pennsylvania after about 6-8 inches of snow melted over the past several days. There were spots where my foot sank right into the ground. Once you find a course in Michigan, make sure it has good drainage!

Just got back from half a round, kids and wife got hungry, at Begg park and while there was snow, it didn't hurt play. Maybe an inch on the ground in most places.

Not much snow on the ground here in the Ann Arbor area..

And what's there is firm so looking for plastic is at a minimum.

Hudson Mills (Original short tees) are pretty clear (except for A-F, which is spotty). Bandameer, in town, should be clear but I've not been there.

Indy Lake tee pads are natural (a few are paths) so footing might be dicey at times, but those two new courses should be checked out by anyone passing through.

Latest posts