• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far would you go to find a lost disc?

patdb23

Birdie Member
Just started into my round after work yesterday and I lost my beat-in 172gm Star Destroyer on the 5th hole. I told the group to go on, there was no way I was leaving this disc behind. I climbed at least 9 trees, poking through every possible branch. Climbed through a needle palm tree, getting stabbed a multitude of times, and found a way to get in the center of it. While I was in the palm tree, a drive came in hard and hit just a foot away from me. I found 3 discs inside this tree. Climbed up a tall tree about 40ft high and found two other discs.

While going through the top of a nestle of trees, jumping to tops from tree to tree, I fell about 8ft through one tree, and then fell straight down on my side a good 6ft off the ground. Felt like I ran into a wall, thank god I didn't break anything. Looked around to make sure nobody saw me do that. I found another disc in these trees, for a total of six discs. After about 55 minutes the sun started setting. I decided to walk back 50ft to look in another set of trees. After about 5 minutes, there I saw my beauty resting up top, easy to pluck out.

I was covered in tree gum, dirt from head to toe, cuts all over, stab wounds from the needle palm, and slightly sore from the fall. Never got to finish my round and ditched the group, but I got my disc back. Am I just a little obsessed over retrieving a disc or do others go this far to find their favorite disc in their bag?

Did you call the other discs owners? I treaded ok n a scuzzy lake barefoot to find my blizzard wraith. It took five minutes of discgusting sludge consisting of fish, turtle, duck, and geese crap. I found it and quickly went home to showee. My legs were starting to itch on the way home. I found one disc in a tree so far and it didn't have a number so I gave it to my brother.

Three of the discs I found were from players currently on the course throwing from a different hole into the area I was climbing. The other 3 discs, an 11x tee-bird, Glo Nuke with alot of ace signatures, and a Rampage, each had a phone number so I turned into the pro shop, got $3 total for them. (We have a dollar find/return policy at my home course and the pro shop calls the owner, I was too exhausted to make them calls).

Last edited:
I threw my saint on top of a local middle school. This school is in a bad neighborhood. I wasnt leaving my saint though. So I came back at night with a ladder and climbed up on the roof and hunted around until I found it. If its a disc I really like I wont leave until I find it.

This guy just twitted this to me. Pretty intense and impressive retrieve of a disc!

A2EIY30CAAApqxEjpg-large.jpg

I have gone thru many different things to get discs back. A couple of times in a water run-off retention pond, spent lots of time hacking or lopping through thorns and other bush, plus tree climbing. More times than not though I have gone after other people's discs harder. A guy I had just met and didn't know at the time lost a star teerex into a rough section of trees that was kind of swampy. I went in with my machete and hacked and tromped our way through till we found his disc. I hate losing discs more than anything else related to disc golf.

The worst thing I have had to do to get a disc back was jump in a very stagnant possible sewer water creek to find my metal flake teedevil.........never did find it.....smelled horrible the rest of the round.:wall:

my bro spent 45min diving into running water to chase a rock hard crystal clear flick.

moron