• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
Took me 3 years. When I did get my ace, I wasn't even trying, I was just trying to land near the basket, on a spike hyzer, on a blind hole. Here is a pic of the hole I got my first ace on. You can't even see the basket. I threw a spike hyzer around the right side, and I just heard it slam the chains. I thought it blew through, till I walked up and saw the disc in the basket:

Hole9TcJesterteebasketlocation.jpg

Two the first year. One so far this year. If i can hit five this year my buddy owes me a 20 spot.

still waiting but can feel it getting closer and closer...have had several hit chains but not stick :wall:

To all the people who could honestly vote for less than 1, I hate you.

To all the people who dishonestly voted for less than 1, I hate you more.

I've been playing about 10 months now, but I only have spit-outs to show for it.

I don't get this, all those saying less than one year or within 3 months of playing I can barely believe it...unless it's all on courses that don't have a single hole over 200ft and most are within the 150 range. Then again I guess I was able to throw a decent distance within my first year by some time in fall when I started around august. So I guess I retract that former statement(or at least the 150 foot part). Probably had I started in the spring after the muddy season I could have at least gotten some close calls, and I think my friend actually hit chain within his first year(he started around the same time as me).

It took me a little over a year. I hit my first one on hole #14 at JB in STL on the B position with a DX max weight cheetah. I remember right after I let go of the disc I didn't think it had any chance, it threw a huge hyzer out to the right side and kept thinking "that was awful, what the f*** :wall:" and was just waiting for it to come down because I wanted to re-throw. as it came down, I saw it smash into the chains and bounce off the pole and stay in the basket. and honestly, that was the probably one of the happiest times I can remember in my life time, and easily the best moment in my short disc golf career. :thmbup:

took me 1 year and 3 months Today ! Finally Aced!!!!!:thmbup::popcorn:
It was my X- buzz

Took me about three months for my first (and only) ace. It was at my home course, River City Nature Preserve, hole #1. Hit it from the red tees, about 210ft. Reminded me of... like a heat seeking missile. A nice gentle hyzer, smashes into the chains. :thmbup: Fairly easy course but I still suck so it was cool. Heres a picture of the hole.

RiverCity1.jpg

Going on 4 years and still waiting. :(

Lots of metal hits. Just this past weekend, I shouted out to Angie as she was looking off in another direction, "Listen!" Only to have a small branch just right of the basket slow down my Nuke just enough to fall harmlessly to the base of the basket. :( :wall:

And that's why I'm playing 3 rounds tomorrow.

I've been playing for 8 years with only going at it hard the last 4. It took me 4 years to get my first ace and I haven't gotten one since. I've banged a ton off the side of the basket and had em go through the chains a few more times. But I'm just having some bad luck getting that second one to stick

I finally got my first, after about 5 years.. I have had a couple 'cubby' aces and even had a missed mando ace, but this one a few weeks ago was my first legit

Latest posts