• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long does it take you to complete 18 holes?

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Just curious about this. I tend to play quite fast and can finish most 18 hole courses in around 45-60 minutes. If it's two of us, we're looking at maybe 1.25 - 1.5 hours tops. We'll occasionally do 3 or 4 courses in a day so it ends up being a decent work out.

I would say that those times are about the same for me. It depends on the course also. Some of the more technical courses tend to take a bit longer.

E=mc2

I guess that all round times are relative? Our course is on a ski hill so it is a good cardio workout anyway you look at it. The course record for two was 50 minutes. They were two 19 year olds who played Disc golf for the first time and really booted it! The average time to complete a round is 75-90 minutes depending on how much time you spend looking for discs!:mad: A tournament round with foursomes usually last 120 minutes. Don't forget however that the worst day Disc Golfing is 100 times better than your best day at work!:D:cool::)

Isn't that the truth? Usually it takes me an hour to play a good 18 hole course, and much of the time is spent finding errant throws like usual.

I like to play fast. It depends on the course and who I am playing with. I have one friend who likes to play fast but my brother plays slow. On the short course close to me an hour would be a long time but I have seen courses that take 80-90 minutes. As a sideline,how many holes do you typically play at one time? I don't play as often as I would like so I tend to play a lot at one time ie 90-108 holes.

Wow.. 90 to 108! I usually play 18-36 locally.. sometimes 54. On my dg road trips my friend and I would average 54 or more holes per day, it was a ton of fun but very tiring.

# of holes

My brother and I have sometimes had DG "camp" and have averaged over 100 per day for a 5 day period. I am finding that as I get older it is harder to recover. I played 72 monday and 90 today (wednesday)and I am feeling my age(48).

That is impressive.. do you stick to one course for multiple rounds?

# of holes

We usually play 2 or sometimes 3 courses each day when we are at "camp", unless there are 36 holes in one place. If there are alternate tees we might play some rounds from each tee.

Still starting at all this so I'm at about 1.5 - 2hrs for 18 holes; always with at least two people on the card.

Try playing Idelwild in Northern Ky. Ive been there about 4 times now and can't manage any shorter times than 2 1/2 hours to 3 1/2 hours. That course is monstrous. The course I play daily is Charlie Vettiner in Louisville Ky. Average times are about 1 1/2 hours by yourself to 2-3 hours in a group. Tournaments last even longer, about 4 hours a round. Most of this is due to terrain and rough sidelines!!!

I'll be playing Idlewild in May.. it'll be interesting to see how long it takes us to complete. We managed 54 holes at Codorus (well, more like 50 I think) in about 4 hours.

Hey, TIMG.........
Send me an e-mail when you go. If im not intruding i'd like to try and meet you up there. Also don't know exactly what your plans are, but you may want to make a trip down to Louisville and play Charlie Vettiner while your out. We are about 1 hour down I-71........ Let me know........

E-mail address : [email protected]

Hey Timg again..... Don't know if you had a pre-determined date of when your coming, but I would highly suggest coming the last weekend of May. You could come and play in the Charlie Vettiner Open. It is going to be one big tournament. We are expecting a number of Top name Pro's to come. Possibly even Ken Climo. He was here around October of last year and played a few rounds and loved it. We can also expect Justin Bunnell back to defend his title. Nico Locastro will be here and God only knows who else. You could bring some merchandise and really promote this site!!!!!!!!
Let me know what you think!!!!!!!

Hey Russel,

We'll be in the area on Memorial Day Weekend so the weekend just before the last weekend in May. If all goes well, we should play the Cincinnati courses on Saturday (Mt. Airy, Idlewild, Banlick and AJ Rolly). We'll start at Mt. Airy, most likely around 8:30 - 9am, and go from there. I'm using my wishlist to track the courses for my road trip if you want to see the complete list.

Sounds like the following weekend will be a good one.. wish I could make it then!

Sounds great except for one thing......Plan on Banklick and Idelwild taking an entire day. Those 2 courses alone are an entire day of Disc golfing. Idelwild is about 3-4 hours and Banklick is just a bit shorter. Add in drive time, lunch, breaks and all and you've wasted all your daylight!!!!!!!!!

So are you going to be here for 2 days or 1? If you are going to do the Cincinnati courses on saturday you may want to add another of there courses to your list. That way you play there courses on saturday and the 2 Northern KY courses on sunday.......

At any rate I will try and make plans to come up for that weekend!!!!!!!
I'll let you know for sure sometime in the next few weeks!!!!!!!

I have my doubts that those courses will take 3 to 4 hours unless there's a lot of traffic on the course. We tend to play much, much faster than most people and don't really take lunch breaks. It took us 4 hours to play 50 holes at Codorus and I stopped at each tee to take a pic and we had a couple of breaks in there too. I can't imagine 18 holes taking us that long unless we lose a disc on every hole or we end up waiting a lot.

As for the day, I actually misspoke, we'll be in the Cincinnati area on Friday morning. Saturday we'll be by I think it's Harrisburg, Sunday we'll be up by Akron/Cleveland.

Short 18 hole courses take around an hour.
Long 18 hole courses just under 1.5 hours.

Granted if you have to search for a disc times do get longer. :p

Just a reference....My home course usually takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to play with 4. Playing alone is closer to an hour. We played Ellison in Rochester last summer and it was about the same as our home course as far as time spent. Maybe slightly closer to 2 hours side because we were unfamiliar. We then played Idlewild with the same group of four and it took us 4.5 hours...with no one else on the course. If it is a group of 2 or 3, I'll bet you can play Idlewild in around 3 to 3.5 hours. I have no idea why it took so long because we really weren't looking for discs a lot....it just seemed to take forever.

I'm with Timg, I can't imagine a round taking 3-4 hours unless playing with a big group on a crowded course. I don't believe I have ever played 18 holes that took more than 2 hours. Of course I have never played in a tournament.

Latest posts