• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many clubs have over 200 Members ?

The Ox

Birdie Member
As a measure of how our sport has grown recently, how many clubs in the world have over 200 or even 300 active members for 2015 ?

Also, does that club operate within one county/municipality, or is it an organization that represents multiple clubs (i.e. ADGO) ?

Charlotte for sure, but you knew that.

The only other one I'm aware of is St. Louis. I think they actually have more that we do here, but don't recall the exact number.

NEFA boasts 457 active members, but to be fair is a regional rather than local club.

Thanks !

Confirmed :

NEFA (New England Flying Disc Assoc) has 457 active members, but covers the entire NE region of the US and some memberships last over 12 months at a time.

CharlotteDGC is almost at 400 for 2015, AtlantaDGO (multi-club) is over 250.

Unconfirmed :

Broward County, Ann Arbor, Music City (Nashville) over 200.

If any one has a good link to any other clubs, please share !

San Diego Aces are over 500, and several other local clubs are at or approaching 100 (Darkside, Rattlers, Hardline, and SDGU). Doing it! :)

Sarasota Sky Pilots have over 500, but not all active.

San Diego Aces are over 500, and several other local clubs are at or approaching 100 (Darkside, Rattlers, Hardline, and SDGU). Doing it! :)

The San Diego Aces Disc Golf Club has been in existence since 2007 and has averaged over 500 members for the last 3 years. Since the Aces have been in existence promoting growth of the sport in San Diego County, the number of courses has increased from 3 to 15.

San Diego Aces web site

Interactive map of local courses

Confirmed :

NEFA (New England Flying Disc Assoc) has 457 active members, but covers the entire NE region of the US and some memberships last over 12 months at a time.

CharlotteDGC is almost at 400.

AtlantaDGO (multi-club) is over 250.

Unconfirmed :

Broward County, Ann Arbor, Music City (Nashville) = over 200 ?

San Diego Aces = over 500 ? (Does anyone have a link to validate ?) (Their DGU link shows 6 members ...)

KC = 350 ?

Sarasota Sky Pilots = ?

Confirmed :
Unconfirmed :

San Diego Aces = over 500 ? (Does anyone have a link to validate ?) (Their DGU link shows 6 members ...)

I'm the President of the club and can attest that the current member count as of our 7/13/2015 board meeting was 469. We will be over 500 by the end of the year. The DGU stat is only the number of people who have joined/renewed through DGU. Most of our membership packs are sold by board members or at local pro shops.

I'm the President of the club and can attest that the current member count as of our 7/13/2015 board meeting was 469. We will be over 500 by the end of the year. The DGU stat is only the number of people who have joined/renewed through DGU. Most of our membership packs are sold by board members or at local pro shops.

And here's a link to that info if you can't go by my word: http://sandiegoaces.com/2-2/

TFBT here in DFW has over 1,000 members. everything is bigger in Texas, i tell you hwat!

Based on data posted July 10th the Kansas City Flying Disc Club had 356 active members at that time.

Latest posts